• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback is this a good thumbnail without edits

dean the rat

Known Member
maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
So I guess it would depend with context of your title... as it is I'm assuming it's a bout feeding Rats...? I can't tell other wise :X I think knowing the title can help.
the title is Rats: carrots vs celery [asmr, no talking]

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
the title is Rats: carrots vs celery [asmr, no talking]
Maybe you could add some of the title to the thumbnail especially as there's a little space left in the bottom right area of the image so that your potential audience are able to know what they are watching at first glance of the thumbnail.

Reactions: Jonnoi

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Perhaps have some text saying asmar in large bold writing and smaller carrots vs celery! just so people can see it straight away. I often look at thumbnails first

MJ Random Vlogs

Subscriber Goal
Just write something catchy about content into your thumbnail so that one must click on your video.... All the best

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I think you do need to add a description as looking at the picture I certainly doesn't tell me it is a 'what do rats like to eat' type of film :) and make the images brighter and clearer as described (you can use windows photo's to do some simple editing, if you cannot afford Photoshop)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
View attachment 5045

use text, play with colors, and spend time for taking a picture right for your thumbnail
This is definitely where you want to be looking in terms of fixing up your photos to be more presentable. As they are, they're still a bit bland, but in this example, the colours are adjusted, contrast is boosted, and the background is flattened and desaturated bringing more focus to the mice, where as in the original, the mice are blending in with the rug.

If you can go down this route, you'll be onto a winner.

Reactions: Niki Proshin
OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
This is definitely where you want to be looking in terms of fixing up your photos to be more presentable. As they are, they're still a bit bland, but in this example, the colours are adjusted, contrast is boosted, and the background is flattened and desaturated bringing more focus to the mice, where as in the original, the mice are blending in with the rug.

If you can go down this route, you'll be onto a winner.
thanks for the advice and they are rats lol, i dont have mice.....yet

Reactions: Beanie Draws

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Maybe edit it with the title included, or, have speech or thought bubbles above each with one saying ΓÇ£Carrot is bestΓÇ¥ and the other saying ΓÇ£No, CeleryΓÇ¥ or something like that, with some text at the bottom saying ΓÇ£Which is better?ΓÇ¥ Or something along those lines. Gives the viewer something about the video and gives some personality to the rats?

Thats my thoughts on it, but I could be wrong so see what people think?