• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Motivation

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
:)So I make sports highlights on youtube that yes, do use copyright music so I am not able to monetize and be paid from it. My question is, how do you remain motivated to keep making videos despite not being able to be paid from it?

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
:)So I make sports highlights on youtube that yes, do use copyright music so I am not able to monetize and be paid from it. My question is, how do you remain motivated to keep making videos despite not being able to be paid from it?

Could you not replace the music with some copyright free music tubebuddy have a deal with audio hero that you could join for free. It can be found in the member perks section https://www.tubebuddy.com/account/perks they also have large discounts on another two services listed there! I hope this helps

Reactions: AurigaDave
OP
OP
Highlight Bank

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
I could but the music from these royalty-free sites usually are not the music I need, they usually don't have a good rap selection and if I use mainstream music is will be easier to find in the search, and more people will view if they are already looking for that song. In highlight videos you want to use music people have heard and are popular, not a random song found on one of these royalty-free websites.

Reactions: Kevin Cross

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Fair point, but I would of thought you would be promoting your sports highlights, not relying on a popular song getting you into the search results? For what it's worth in my honest opinion, I would probably try to get ranked for what your channel is about and worry about the music once the community starts to build and the views and subscriptions start to flow.

Reactions: AurigaDave
OP
OP
Highlight Bank

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
Any tips to really gain traction and get ranked? I am a new youtube (21 subs) and Id rather have advice from another youtube like you rather than one of these million sub YouTubers who say the same thing.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
In all honesty I started my sons gaming channel in November (He's only 8 so I needed to open account for him). He tries to make videos 5 days out of seven as he plays the game anyway he just live streams so maybe a bit easier than trying to put together sports highlight montages. I have noticed from your channel that you only have three videos. I'm not saying content is king but having some more videos may help with the views. Ensure on your subscriptions you have a call to action, make good use of the cards and end screen features and if you have social media accounts for your channel link to them also. Now I have Tubebuddy it will make the optimisation process a whole lot easier for me. I believe I have managed to optimise around 25 out of the 180+ videos on account so will be a long and slow process but I will get there in the end. Good Luck and keep grinding the content out.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Keep at it and don't become disheartned if you don't make it overnight. It's like I have said to my son if it goes pop then happy days for him. However if it doesn't then at least he has enjoyed himself in the process.

BoxAndOne

Yeah, I definitely need to upload more. I started but then school became a priority. I am just now getting back into it.
The most important thing is to have a scheme. Always upload on monday for example or always post the 3rd day of the month,.... People will notice when you upload and once you build a community they will look for it.

I always uplouad every day 1 video on the same hour. If I want to upload more video's a day, I do that on different hours to explore the response.

Reactions: Kevin Cross
OP
OP
Highlight Bank

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
The most important thing is to have a scheme. Always upload on monday for example or always post the 3rd day of the month,.... People will notice when you upload and once you build a community they will look for it.

I always uplouad every day 1 video on the same hour. If I want to upload more video's a day, I do that on different hours to explore the response.
Is there a day of the week to upload on if I upload once a week. The videos I make usually take a bit of time to make, so is there a day you recommend. I may be able to upload twice a week some weeks but that depends on the length of the project I am working on.

BoxAndOne

Is there a day of the week to upload on if I upload once a week. The videos I make usually take a bit of time to make, so is there a day you recommend. I may be able to upload twice a week some weeks but that depends on the length of the project I am working on.
depends on your community you build.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I feel you on the music front. I'd go directly to some of these independent artists and see if you can't work out a deal directly with them on Bandcamp or something.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I have no idea. You'll have to do the leg work. See if you can work out a deal with some of the artists: kind of like a brand deal for the artist.

OP
OP
Highlight Bank

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
:joy:Yeah, that's a good idea. It's just not a guarantee that a billionaire will respond to an email from a 21 sub YouTuber