• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How can I be more consistent on youtube?

JJisawesome25698

TubeBuddy User
Hey guys,
So my main struggle right now on YouTube is being consistent. I guess the reason that I am not consistent is because I want my videos to be the best that they can be, which often means doing a lot of takes. I want to be doing weekly uploads. Does anybody have any strategies to help me be consistent, or any advice for me to get my videos done in fewer takes? Any advice appreciated!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys,
So my main struggle right now on YouTube is being consistent. I guess the reason that I am not consistent is because I want my videos to be the best that they can be, which often means doing a lot of takes. I want to be doing weekly uploads. Does anybody have any strategies to help me be consistent, or any advice for me to get my videos done in fewer takes? Any advice appreciated!

Are you using SEO studio to plan out your videos title, description and tags, that way you know what people want and the video is ready to be optimized on the upload? :)

Reactions: Damon

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
When I did weekly uploads, I would always plan for the next week, not for the current week. So I'd always be ahead of schedule and I'd know that when next week comes, I'll already have a video ready.

OP
OP
JJisawesome25698

JJisawesome25698

TubeBuddy User
Are you using SEO studio to plan out your videos title, description and tags, that way you know what people want and the video is ready to be optimized on the upload? :)
No IΓÇÖm not. ThatΓÇÖs a paid feature right? IΓÇÖm considering upgrading but IΓÇÖm not sure if itΓÇÖs worth it.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Hi JJisawesome25698

My suggestion would be to get over the feeling of being perfect. In my case, I have a couple of videos ready so I can focus on what I want to create now. I know it's a lot to do a good video every week and I can feel the pressure as well for sure. But sometimes it's more important than the video gets done than that it's perfect.

When you start up and don't have a large team working on each video you need to do what you can and focus on releasing videos you want to do that cater to your audience.

So for instance, if you need to do multiple takes for a video, then perhaps you set a limit for yourself. Record 10 takes or perhaps rehearse the video before recording so that you feel more confident with the material. Then when you reached your max takes and you feel that you want to do it one more time, go into editing and release.

In this way, you can focus on the next video. No one is perfect from the start but if you don't release you will not improve. Gathering other people's opinion or seeing the result on the platform can be a great boost for your production.

Depending on what you do and how you want to work you could record something else that you don't really care about. For instance, I have a gaming channel where I live stream and record video games. It's not important what I release there or if I release it at all. That channel is just for me to let off steam, play a game, and practice recording, live streaming and speaking English as that is not my native language.

I hope these suggestions or thoughts might give you some ideas on how to proceed.

Good luck and have fun.

Best regards
Daniel

OP
OP
JJisawesome25698

JJisawesome25698

TubeBuddy User
Hi JJisawesome25698

My suggestion would be to get over the feeling of being perfect. In my case, I have a couple of videos ready so I can focus on what I want to create now. I know it's a lot to do a good video every week and I can feel the pressure as well for sure. But sometimes it's more important than the video gets done than that it's perfect.

When you start up and don't have a large team working on each video you need to do what you can and focus on releasing videos you want to do that cater to your audience.

So for instance, if you need to do multiple takes for a video, then perhaps you set a limit for yourself. Record 10 takes or perhaps rehearse the video before recording so that you feel more confident with the material. Then when you reached your max takes and you feel that you want to do it one more time, go into editing and release.

In this way, you can focus on the next video. No one is perfect from the start but if you don't release you will not improve. Gathering other people's opinion or seeing the result on the platform can be a great boost for your production.

Depending on what you do and how you want to work you could record something else that you don't really care about. For instance, I have a gaming channel where I live stream and record video games. It's not important what I release there or if I release it at all. That channel is just for me to let off steam, play a game, and practice recording, live streaming and speaking English as that is not my native language.

I hope these suggestions or thoughts might give you some ideas on how to proceed.

Good luck and have fun.

Best regards
Daniel
Thanks!

VESam

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Some brilliant advice and I agree, always try to stay ahead of schedule. A friend once suggested that I make a few videos which I don't plan on uploading but have ready, fully edited so if there comes a time where I don't want to create a video, perhaps due to illness or if I'm away on holiday, I still have videos which can be uploaded. I haven't tried that yet but I definitely will with this new channel so perhaps give that a go? Even if it's a Q&A video or something which doesn't fit with your usual theme.

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Hi JJisawesome25698

Good luck and have fun.

Best regards
Daniel
I always try to have at least 2 'in the can' before making another...it gives me time to think and plan, what I want and need to get the video correct