• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Where do you get royalty-free music?

GoBeansTV

I've been dinged a couple of times on "copyright" music and I need help where I can find downloadable BGM that's free of copyright? So far, I've tried Evoke and Purple Music. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
If you Google 'royalty-free music', you'll find many websites that provide it!

I personally use Epidemic Sound and AudioHero. You can always find small music channels who would be willing to allow you to use their music (remember to ask).

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy and Damon

HLModTech

hlmodtech.com
Subscriber Goal
I use the YouTube music archive a ton. I also added the Audio Hero from here. I have had 3 songs get hit for copyright from Audio Hero. I submitted disputes, but so far only 1 of the 3 backed down. I have never had a issue with a YouTube music archive song.

Reactions: Damon

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
If you Google 'royalty-free music', you'll find many websites that provide it!

I personally use Epidemic Sound and AudioHero. You can always find small music channels who would be willing to allow you to use their music (remember to ask).
Same here! Partly because its great, partly because I don't have time to find alternatives

Duncan Allers

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
AudioHero don't have anything harder than soft rock. I'm looking for some metal guitar work or drums for background music for my videos. YouTube music hasn't added a single new song since December 2020.

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
IN my niche of just djing drum n bass and making visuals go with it unforunalty i get several copyright warnings every video. so unless i make original music for my videos which usually run an hour, and i make video every 2 weeks.. Thchannnel ats alot of tunes to make which i do. normally i would so happy if just 2 or 3 in weeks. So my end game has no monetization for it at all unless i switch niches or just play original music only. but i have now became in the feild of Copyright and never had to alter it let alone it be taken down, which will of course help for my 2nd channel when i start it and doing movie reviews some day

DjVADER

Subscriber Goal
I've been dinged a couple of times on "copyright" music and I need help where I can find downloadable BGM that's free of copyright? So far, I've tried Evoke and Purple Music. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!
i will gladly give some my original stuff or i could make your request of style and tatse given a couple of weeks but I have so much royalty free music not even funny not for you for a few videos probably not myself but sure you definitely.. you can have it for free no charge no catch.. I get/ understand the headaches come along with this and I don't mind helping somebody out so I will be more than happy to give you a whole folder full over original royalty free music or if you want your own style. I will make you some I could throw you together some with loops very simple and nobody would ever know that and I know what I'm doing so doesn't have to just be electronic music or whatever you can have violins in it if thats you want I got all that with the program. it will do everything you want I know how to use it so that's my one good deed for the day plus i am that stereotypical Canadian so who knows maybe karma will be nice to me in the future

Last edited:

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I use soundstripe and you can whitelist your channel with them. Its 99.99 for the year though. I also started using Icon8 but the site didn't seem that great for those that had copyright issues.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
NCS is mainly electronic music, but all free to use on YouTube:
NoCopyrightSounds - YouTube
You have to be very careful with music from some of these groups. We had an issue where we used music from one of these groups like NCS, and still got a copyright warning (not strike). Some artists will not allow you to use their music at all, if you are monetized, regardless of attribution. Or you will have to give up the monetization to the artist of the music. It's important to remember that the original artists owns the copyright on the music typically. We do NOT use places like Epidemic Sounds as it doesn't justify the cost for our channel at this time.. and we source all of our music through the artists directly that are creating this free music, and form a relationship with them... listen to their music, comment on their videos, support them on their Soundclouds and other Social Media...and if you get a ding, they will be more apt to help you out if you use their music under their terms and conditions.

Plus.. who isn't listening to music on YouTube... some artists we listen to on YouTube who source free music to creators:

Ikson
Scandinavianz
DayFox
Roa
LiQWYD
Healing Melodies

If you visit them.. tell them Bears and Butters sent you!! :)

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
You have to be very careful with music from some of these groups. We had an issue where we used music from one of these groups like NCS, and still got a copyright warning (not strike). Some artists will not allow you to use their music at all, if you are monetized, regardless of attribution. Or you will have to give up the monetization to the artist of the music. It's important to remember that the original artists owns the copyright on the music typically. We do NOT use places like Epidemic Sounds as it doesn't justify the cost for our channel at this time.. and we source all of our music through the artists directly that are creating this free music, and form a relationship with them... listen to their music, comment on their videos, support them on their Soundclouds and other Social Media...and if you get a ding, they will be more apt to help you out if you use their music under their terms and conditions.

That's unfortunate. We got 8 or 10 full videos using NCS music, and the early videos used NCS songs for the intro and outro. We haven't had any issues yet. They cover most in their FAQ, including monetisation and a form to complete if you need their help to resolve a claim: Usage Policy - NCS

Reactions: Bears and Butters