• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Music

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
Does anyone know how to use Music without a copyright strike? This is talking about music that's not in the youtube music library.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I recommend using (and searching up) royalty-free music. If you're looking to use licensed music, then you're definitely going to get copyrighted.

If you're looking at smaller music channels, then you can ask them for permission. I know a few channels that are fine with you using their music as long as you give credit.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I recommend using (and searching up) royalty-free music. If you're looking to use licensed music, then you're definitely going to get copyrighted.

If you're looking at smaller music channels, then you can ask them for permission. I know a few channels that are fine with you using their music as long as you give credit.
The problem with "royalty-free music" is unless it's a known source, you can still get pinged by someone who doesn't licence their tracks properly, or some "royalty-free" musicians use samples that aren't licenced.

You have to be careful and "trust" that even the smaller channels actually do have rights to the music they claim they're creating. I mean, I've contemplated doing collaborations with musicians, but what if they use a sample that still gets pinged for copyright? You need to be very careful in that regard.

YouTube's on music library is the safest option, I've been using it for years, it's free, and they seem to update it almost monthly https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/

Reactions: AurigaDave

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
You have to be careful and "trust" that even the smaller channels actually do have rights to the music they claim they're creating. I mean, I've contemplated doing collaborations with musicians, but what if they use a sample that still gets pinged for copyright? You need to be very careful in that regard.
I mean, the channels I like make their own music. No sample. It's a full-on fantasy production.

OP
OP
Highlight Bank

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
the problem with royalty-free music sites is that they don't have the greatest selection of rap music which is what I use in my videos. Also using more mainstream music gets you more views because your video shows up if someone searches for that song.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
the problem with royalty-free music sites is that they don't have the greatest selection of rap music which is what I use in my videos. Also using more mainstream music gets you more views because your video shows up if someone searches for that song.

There's sites like artlist.io or epidemicsounds! With a TubeBuddy membership you get free audiohero music which is a great selection, but not sure rap :X

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
There's sites like artlist.io or epidemicsounds! With a TubeBuddy membership you get free audiohero music which is a great selection, but not sure rap :X
Epidemic Sound is a great option I use it myself and I get a discount since I have a paid Tubebuddy subscription. They also have a huge library of SFX. ;) No worries with using that in your videos for Youtube.

RobertHyman

TubeBuddy User
Music on epidemic sound and artlist are amazing. They have huge libraries with tons of genres. These are the two I use the most for YouTube, corporate, and wedding work.
The music is absolutely amazing. I am a musician so I am super picky about the music I use. Epidemic has every conceivable genre as well as sound effects. Never a copyright strike because you will have the license and its "CHEAP" as already messaged.

Reactions: Mario So

SwishWilly

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Everytime I try to log into AudioHero it says I already have an account and I need to request access. I've been trying to access it since September. Any ideas on when access is normally granted?

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Your Options, plain and simple:

1. YouTube Audio Library
It's free and they have a wealth of royalty free tracks.

2. Epidemic Sound (And Others)
You gotta pay, but you get next-level quality audio tracks that allow you to edit it them to individually fit your needs.

3. Make Your Own Music
Gotta learn some skills, but a great way to bypass copyright issues, can be free depending on what you own and it can be a fun addition to help seperate you from the pack.

4. LICKD
Awesome upcoming option that allows you to pay a very fair price to use big name songs without having to dig up licensing rights.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
1. YouTube Audio Library
It's free and they have a wealth of royalty free tracks.

I haven't looked too much into the others yet, but I do know YouTube Audio Library has had a significant overhaul in the last 2-3 months. You can now see the month and year a song was published, so you can see how old or new a track is, and generally the newer the track, the more organic and less midi they sound. They're updating and adding new tracks every month. A VERY good source for music now. I've been using the youtube audio library for years, but it's gotten WORLDS better in the last month or so. Well worth exploring.

alexa_lian

I know this is later, but I tend to stick to youtube music OR i reach out to soundcloud artists and ask them if I can use their music and what their terms are because even 'free' music at the time can get copyrighted eventually. It has happened to a few of my videos.

Reactions: Damon