• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Milestone 10,000 Views! We're thrilled!

Boating Journey

TubeBuddy Star
www.boatingjourney.com
Subscriber Goal
We finally reached 10,000 views and we are so excited. But we're still trying to figure out and understand how similar channels have 15k subscribers and we only have 300? Their content is almost the same as ours, so it's baffling. If anyone has advice, please let us know. Thanks!

Poulpc

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Congratulations :party:

when comparing yourself to similar channels, things to look out for, how much longer have they been on YouTube than you, and are they friends with other YouTubers that have a large amount of subscribers

Reactions: Boating Journey
OP
OP
Boating Journey

Boating Journey

TubeBuddy Star
www.boatingjourney.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks Poulpc! What's interesting, is one channel is the same age as us (also based here in Seattle), yet they seem to have gotten 14k subscribers over night? They'll post a video and within an hour they will have 10k views. That seems crazy to us. If you have suggestions on how to grow our subscribers, please let us know. We're using the TB SEO and keywords explore tool for all of the videos now.

Reactions: Damon

Poulpc

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
well if they got a lot of subscribers overnight, they probably got a shoutout from a bigger channel

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We finally reached 10,000 views and we are so excited. But we're still trying to figure out and understand how similar channels have 15k subscribers and we only have 300? Their content is almost the same as ours, so it's baffling. If anyone has advice, please let us know. Thanks!
Thats a great achievement! Although its good to compare to see where you stand, just keep continuing the way you make your content and you'll be sure to reach there in no time. Keep it up!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Keep plugging away. I know what what you mean by other channels get 15k sub and they make the same stinkin' content that you do. It's like, "What the hay!?!?@#%^&*"

One thing you can do is strike up a conversation with them, comment on their videos or even ask then directly what they're doing.

I know a fellow who started later than me and went to a convention, then skyrocketed past me, but then it has level out to pre-convention growth levels and we're both growing at the same rate again. You can never know what gave them that growth spike.

You have to keep plugging along and growing. You can always work harder. You can always work longer. You can always work smarter. That's about all you can do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boating Journey

Boating Journey

TubeBuddy Star
www.boatingjourney.com
Subscriber Goal
Keep plugging away. I know what what you mean by other channels get 15k sub and they make the same stinkin' content that you do. It's like, "What the hay!?!?@#%^&*"

One thing you can do is strike up a conversation with them, comment on their videos or even ask then directly what they're doing.

I know a fellow who started later than me and went to a convention, then skyrocketed past me, but then it has level out to pre-convention growth levels and we're both growing at the same rate again. You can never know what gave them that growth spike.

You have to keep plugging along and growing. You can always work harder. You can always work longer. You can always work smarter. That's about all you can do.

Great tips!! Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Damon