• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion How is the present situation in your own area?

Abhigyan DMS

Hello everyone.
As you all know what a few months and days have caused in life?

It has affected income, job, day-to-day life and activities.
In what ways it has created impact in your life also and how you all are dealing with it?

LiftToEAT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am video calling friends every couple of days instead of texting or calling. Going to the grocery store is frustrating because there are some that are not social distancing.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
My wife is a teacher and has been working from home since spring break. Which has been nice; it allowed her to work one on one with my daughter. But now that it has been a few weeks I fear they are going a little stir crazy, and it is difficult to find things to take them to do outside of the house. That has also affected my channel as I can't get out to film fishing videos, but I did get caught up on filming a half-dozen tutorials, which I was previously behind on. So as is the case with most things there is a give and take. There are positives and negatives, you just gotta do what you can with what you've got.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone.
As you all know what a few months and days have caused in life?

It has affected income, job, day-to-day life and activities.
In what ways it has created impact in your life also and how you all are dealing with it?

Currently in high quarantine a lot of cases in my area specifically, so I stay inside, message my GF, and workout and film more videos than ever :)

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
We have been on a total lockdown for 6 weeks. No domestic travel - and that means we cannot get into the city, 8 miles away, for groceries. All businesses closed, except for essential services (grocery, pharmacy, hardware etc). Only one quarantine pass per household, my wife has ours. So I have not left the house in 6 weeks. The boredom is setting in. When my wife goes into town (3 miles away) for groceries, there is a military checkpoint less than 1/2 a mile from the house. They are checking quarantine pass, ID, and temperature. The store security checks all those again in town. There is very limited mass transit, so a trip to the store takes her almost all day.

On the plus side... yesterday they rescinded the alcohol ban. So there is that. I did find a black market rum dealer (politician ha ha) and bought some 100% marked up rum. And, only the local formaldehyde'ish rum. Good liquor is in the city, out of reach.

But our city, which is doing mass testing, has only 6 cases total (3 cured, 2 still in hospital, 1 dead), our town has zero cases. The lockdown is trying to keep it that way.

A subscriber sent me an unsolicited $500, so I have been buying food for people. The barangay (like a village) has provided rice and canned fish, but only 2 times (we gave ours to a neighbor). We gave the 30 sikad drivers (bicycle with sidecar) two kilos of rice, cans of fish, and noodles. We bought groceries, and gave out some cash, for a couple elderly neighbors. The remaining money will likely pay some folks electric bills...

I am retired so my pay has not been affected, that is good. My kids, back in the US, are furloughed. My son manages a movie theater and when they sent him home last month they said probably no work until August. My daughter is a teacher, so no worries... she makes so little... I mean school is closed for the year anyway.

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Most of my income from freelancing is gone, so I'm working on building up several passive income streams, so I won't be affected as hard in the future when the next crisis hits us. It's not a bad thing, what happened, client-wise, as I wanted to get out of the day to day struggle with finding new clients and projects. I want more freedom in my life, even though that means a very reduced income atm.

• Love
Reactions: Science and Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
@Dimi Same here. For me fishing tackle sales have dried up because no one is out fishing at the moment. I want to work on "passive" income as well. I want to get out of having to make every lure or piece of fishing tackle that I sell. Probably going to take the knowledge I have and start doing online video-based classes.

It's a good time for all of us to pivot and reorient.

Angelay

Subscriber Goal
I'm a college student, and we have online class but for now they removed online class for us to focus in our safety. It's super dangerous to go outside, so I hope everyone is fine.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Things are not as bad in Australia as the states and other countries we started social distancing and lockdown pretty quickly and we are a few weeks away from relaxing some of the restrictions. It changed our channel a lot as itΓÇÖs based on taking my autistic son out and about for adventures and helping him build resilience. We have been unable to do a lot of these things as many places are shut or you are discouraged from going. No unnecessary travel allowed. So I just started to focus on making stuff to share with others to stop boredom. I cannot wait to get back out there.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Things are good over here in Australia compared to many other countries. Still only aroun 6000 overall cases, the far majority of them have been resolved, roughly 1000 active, still less than 100 deaths which is good for 8 weeks of quarentine.

toilet paper and food stock are back to normal. They're slowly opening things, non essential shops are slowly opening, schools are re-opening to one class a week. but still social distancing.

I've been good for 80% of it. some tough mental struggles, but youtube has been a MASSIVE saving grace. All the famous big productions going low scale has really leveled the playing field showing you don't need expensive production to get your message told.

I see this as the world largest online slumber party :) Just focusing on the positives, because watching the stats and news of America is just sad. Very greatful I live in Australia.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Well I'm working less hours which makes making ends meet challenging. Luckily since the cost of living is so high here anyways despite normally working almost full time I qualify for a couple hundred in government assistance. Through that program and the work agency that helped me find my job I was able to get help with rent. Thank goodness!

Applied for unemployment which includes emergency assistance.

State mandated stay at home order ended last weekend. Now we are at a safer at home order. Which just means its not as heavily enforced I guess. Not sure as I'm considered an essential worker even though my manager decided to reduce my hours. So I still go out to work and to drop my son off at daycare throughout the week. Oddly enough he pays himself, his wife and his friend a couple thousand more than usual and me just a few hundred. So not sure whats going on there.