• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips how to get a photo to be in a youtube video

dean the rat

Known Member
so i ahve wondered for a long time how to people get images to be in theres videos like reactions and stuff, i want to find a free app to be able to male content like that but i have had no such luck

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I would think most any editing software would support that. You just need to have a program that supports more than one track in the timeline. Most free programs will put a watermark on the vid, but I am sure there are some that do not. I happen to use PowerDirector. I use the pay version, and the free version does put a watermark. DaVinci is a popular free program.

To add a pic, or other vid, to the frame you just put your main vid on the timeline, and add the secondary item on another timeline track (above or below - depending on that program). You can move each piece round the screen, resize it, change the opacity... lot of different options.

On my channel intro vid I have a full screen video of me talking. Then on the lower half of the screen I have snippets of other videos popping up in the lower two corners, as an example of my vids. It was surprisingly easy to do.

~Edit~ Here is a sample of what I mean. In the preview window you can see my vid of me talking about our mango harvest, and a picture of mango. Down below the red line shows the tracks. The pic & vid could easily be swapped, to change which is on top. I could add multiple tracks if I need to layer more (pics, effects etc). Down below that is an audio track, below that (not visible in this pic) is a music track - unused in this particular video. Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah you can do that with any video editing software that allows for more than one track. Just use the picture as an overlay track, pull it into the timeline like you would a video. Even Prism Live, Streamlabs and Streamyard allow you to do this one livestreams.

Reactions: dean the rat

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
so i ahve wondered for a long time how to people get images to be in theres videos like reactions and stuff, i want to find a free app to be able to male content like that but i have had no such luck

Davinci Resolve works, there is hitfilm express Adobe Rush (First 3 free) whichever works for you :)