• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gaming Nintendo Switch

LiftToEAT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Anyone else finding it hard to buy a Nintendo Switch during COVID-19?
Everywhere I go they show as sold out or $500+.

I think it's funny how all of a sudden now people are wanting the buy it.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Anyone else finding it hard to buy a Nintendo Switch during COVID-19?
Everywhere I go they show as sold out or $500+.

I think it's funny how all of a sudden now people are wanting the buy it.

Yeah, I wanted to get one for my GF but it's near impossible. Classic Nintendo though always under estimate desire

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Incidentally, China got really into Ring Fit Adventure, so that was out of stock (including consoles) for a good while after they cleaned the shelves. :joy:

But yeah, a lot more people are getting the Switch... I wonder if they're also getting Animal Crossing lol

OP
OP
LiftToEAT

LiftToEAT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I wanted to get one for my GF but it's near impossible. Classic Nintendo though always under estimate desire

Ya completely agree. I still have my N64 and Super Nintendo and I play them from time to time. Something about Nintendo games/consoles that keep people coming back for more. :cool:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It seems like "scalpers" are going through all the differant things people use in quarentine, hoarding them, then selling them at 4x the price (thank's business livestreams that suggest this... sarcasm)

first it was toilet paper
then it was hand sanitizer, then it was soap
then it was rice and canned food,
then it was meat
then it was webcams (since working from home is now more or less mandetory if you you work from home, and zoom meetings)

It seems consoles and graphics cards are the next ones to hoarded. Anything streamers need to setup, will be all sold out and then resold for a rediculously high price. Which then means, you either pay the higher price, or go withouth.

"business 101" sometimes I hate the "hustler" minset (not all "hustlers" are like that)

Reactions: Yoni Arousement
OP
OP
LiftToEAT

LiftToEAT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It seems like "scalpers" are going through all the differant things people use in quarentine, hoarding them, then selling them at 4x the price (thank's business livestreams that suggest this... sarcasm)

first it was toilet paper
then it was hand sanitizer, then it was soap
then it was rice and canned food,
then it was meat
then it was webcams (since working from home is now more or less mandetory if you you work from home, and zoom meetings)

It seems consoles and graphics cards are the next ones to hoarded. Anything streamers need to setup, will be all sold out and then resold for a rediculously high price. Which then means, you either pay the higher price, or go withouth.

"business 101" sometimes I hate the "hustler" minset (not all "hustlers" are like that)

Ya I get it but items like food and essential items should no be price gouged. It's actually illegal. Games and electronics devices I get. My friend bought some adjustable dumbbells for a few hundred dollars and now they are selling for $1.3K on amazon.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ya I get it but items like food and essential items should no be price gouged. It's actually illegal. Games and electronics devices I get. My friend bought some adjustable dumbbells for a few hundred dollars and now they are selling for $1.3K on amazon.
In Australia food items were never price gouged. Just less sales savings. I don't actually think you can legally re-sell food anyway, that would come with it's own health and safety issues. but I guess everything else is fair game.

Yoni Arousement

TubeBuddy User
Good thing I bought a Nintendo Switch 8 months after launch. It still happened to be an early model, so I can enable homebrew on it.

However, I do not like price gouging essential items like hand soap. I know it's high demand and all that, but jeez.

bornunicorn

Yep, also the portable hot tubs are hard to find. Pretty much anything to entertain yourself at home is in high demand

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yep, also the portable hot tubs are hard to find. Pretty much anything to entertain yourself at home is in high demand
True, even webcams are double the price now.

The issue is sales and entreperneurs have learned too many tricks... purchase in bulk, cause shortages so people are FORCED to spend 2-4x regular prices, then profit.

One of the big downsides to entreperneur culture on YouTube.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Me and my Girlfriend are lucky to both own switches, we really want to get one for her mother but its just impossible right now... They can't be found for MSRP and I refuse to pay markup.

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
At best, the only consoles i would be able to afford with my own money would be a nuon or a 3do :joy:. I'd love a nintendo switch, especially since they have zelda (from which you know from my past posts i'm a HUGE fan of) and a ton of RPGS which can take thousands of hours to beat. I prefer games where you can invest thousands of hours in versus a couple for the value.