• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Gaming channel in need of some feedback for growth and improvement!

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: BaldBoldBear
Title of thread: Gaming channel in need of some feedback for growth and improvement!
Self review: As it's only been just over a week since I've posted, I've only stuck to posting one game right now until it is finished however I feel like I'll need to expand further on either the games I play or even stick to the niche of games that I'm playing which I'm conflicted between. I feel like my videos could use some extra work on them but I am still in my learning phase in using a video editor. I think my thumbnails could use a bit of extra work to make them more eye popping/gain the attention of potential audience. I've been sticking to a consistent upload schedule so far which has definitely helped me with my small growth and views. As I am a gaming channel it might mean that I have to rebrand my channel to make it look like a gaming channel in regards to my profile picture and channel banner, it would be great for some feedback regarding all of these. Thank you :)
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnxWTjskwrsocq4U1ytvhZQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25234/

BootySweat4491

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
In my opinion, your thumbnails look nice. Editing is good, you have a good energy, etc. I'd say just keep up the good work. Always room for improvement, but you're definitely on the right track.

Having a cool accent always helps as well, but I know you don't necessarily have control over that lol

OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In my opinion, your thumbnails look nice. Editing is good, you have a good energy, etc. I'd say just keep up the good work. Always room for improvement, but you're definitely on the right track.

Having a cool accent always helps as well, but I know you don't necessarily have control over that lol
Thank you so much for taking your time checking my channel out and also for all the feedback as well, I guess I'll keep it going and try my hardest to improve! Thanks a tonne!

Reactions: BootySweat4491

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, @BaldBoldBear! Just wanted to stop by and check out your channel :)
Remember to take everything with a grain of salt.

Starting with the banner, I like the simplistic design. It doesn't tell me too much about the content or the upload schedule, though :thinking:
A big recommendation is to not get people off platform, especially when you're new. It's better to focus on getting them to subscribe to your channel before redirecting them to your socials. The more you keep viewers on YouTube, the better (and that's really what YT wants).

I really like the thumbnails! What is the CTR? Also, have you considered changing the thumbnails on part 1 - 3? You've added in your brand (your head, essentially lol) from the parts beyond, but it'd be nice to keep the consistency.

Tags! Got some good long tail tags, and I know that FF7 is a hot topic right now. I'd suggest putting your title in the tags as well consider you have 'final fantasy 7 remake gameplay part 7' but not 'final fantasy 7 remake playthrough part 7'.

Other than that, it's a pretty solid looking channel :D

Reactions: BaldBoldBear
OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, @BaldBoldBear! Just wanted to stop by and check out your channel :)
Remember to take everything with a grain of salt.

Starting with the banner, I like the simplistic design. It doesn't tell me too much about the content or the upload schedule, though :thinking:
A big recommendation is to not get people off platform, especially when you're new. It's better to focus on getting them to subscribe to your channel before redirecting them to your socials. The more you keep viewers on YouTube, the better (and that's really what YT wants).

I really like the thumbnails! What is the CTR? Also, have you considered changing the thumbnails on part 1 - 3? You've added in your brand (your head, essentially lol) from the parts beyond, but it'd be nice to keep the consistency.

Tags! Got some good long tail tags, and I know that FF7 is a hot topic right now. I'd suggest putting your title in the tags as well consider you have 'final fantasy 7 remake gameplay part 7' but not 'final fantasy 7 remake playthrough part 7'.

Other than that, it's a pretty solid looking channel :D
Oh wow, I really do appreciate you taking your time to stop by and offer me some feedback, I really do appreciate it so much!

Okay, sweet! I think I'll go back to the drawing board with the banner and try and make another one more oriented towards what my channel offers being a gaming channel and also an upload schedule on it too. Ahh right that makes perfect sense as a YouTube content creators sense, I really shouldn't be worrying about other platforms at this time.

The CTR is 16.2% (if I'm looking at the correct stat that is) with my overall impressions being at 2315, so I don't think I'm doing well in that sense. Oh right yeah, I think I'll do that, the reason why I didn't have my face in those thumbnails was because I didn't show my face in those videos but I perfectly understand that as it will show consistency throughout the channel.

Oh okay that's understandable, I just need to change some tags around and make sure that parts of my title are within the tags essentially? Or do you mean the whole title? As that would mean a user will have to type the whole entirety for it to be viewed? Sorry I'm still new to all of this

I honestly do appreciate all of that feedback, small changes will make a huge difference, atleast I hope Thank you so much!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I just need to change some tags around and make sure that parts of my title are within the tags essentially? Or do you mean the whole title?
Yes on the first. I would also say yes on the second, but I'm wavering on unsure and sure :thinking:

Aye! You're welcome :). I'm currently considering whether I should be watching a FF7 playthrough or not. I don't hold much hype for it since it wasn't a childhood game for me (FFX lol), but I have been curious since its announcement. So you might be seeing a comment from me later haha xD

Reactions: BaldBoldBear
OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes on the first. I would also say yes on the second, but I'm wavering on unsure and sure :thinking:

Aye! You're welcome :). I'm currently considering whether I should be watching a FF7 playthrough or not. I don't hold much hype for it since it wasn't a childhood game for me (FFX lol), but I have been curious since its announcement. So you might be seeing a comment from me later haha xD
Okay perfect, that does actually make it quite clear so thanks a lot!

That would honestly be so awesome! Although it's not one of you're childhood games, treat it like a completely different game in itself. It's an amazing game which I definitely recommend to you! It would be a pleasure to have you come over to the channel! - like I said I honestly appreciate all the help and advice you've given me thus far. Many thanks again!