• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Entertainment Channel New to making sports highlights!

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
User name: Highlight Bank
Title of introduction: New to making sports highlights!
Your name/ Alias: Highlight Bank
Where are you from? Rhode Island
How did you find TubeBuddy? Google Search
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? Wanting to grow my channel
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: Make great content
How frequently do you upload? Weekly
What are your hobbies? Sports, Video editing, and History
What is your biggest dream? Go to college and become a history teacher at either high school or college level or if youtube works out, continuing doing what I'm doing.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEtGj1P7u0TI-7tEa3h2x3Q?view_as=subscriber

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I do like the idea of your channel. where do you get your clips from? the NFL are notoriously protective of their content, as are their franchises. Old stuff is not so bad, but current teams/players have image rights etc, just be careful :) but I like your stuff, I really do.

OP
OP
Highlight Bank

Highlight Bank

TubeBuddy User
I appreciate man, I will be exposing ALL and I mean ALL highlight YouTubers here but it was obvious anyway. The clips are from other people's highlight videos. If you don't care about being monetized then you can use clips straight from the NFL as they will have the best quality and more unique camera angles. But basically highlight videos are just a compilation of other people's highlight videos. There are no other ways to get good quality clips and get them from the NFL website or youtube channel, so there is really no other way. You either have to sacrifice clip quality for monetization or vice versa. And that doesn't even go into the music aspect. You wanna use music people know and are popular so they are easier to find in search and are also more appealing to people since they have heard the song before, that's the problem with the royalty-free music sites, they don't have music that will appeal to people, at least in the rap genre. I chose to use mainstream music now to get myself bigger and grow then as I get bigger I will shift into copy-right free music and focus on monetization. I am struggling with growing right now however.

Reactions: AurigaDave

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Highlight Bank, welcome to the community. I'm not much of a sports person myself. My experience is limited to Super Bowls, World Series and Olympics :laughing:. Oddly enough on a really boring day where I'm tired of seeing the same stuff I watch daily, I'll sometimes check out the Golf Channel because sometimes it's relaxing and I do get curious to see just how consistent a player can be at putting.

ThomasConlin

What is your biggest dream? Go to college and become a history teacher at either high school or college level or if youtube works out, continuing doing what I'm doing.
I had not heard of the website before and as an art major in college, I studied my fair share of art history. I have always thought that art is a tangible, visual report of the history of the world, especially cave drawings and ancient carvings before the written word.