• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Trying to grow my video but I feel like IΓÇÖm doing something wring

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The video itself is very well done, and though audio is a very important aspect (At LEAST 50% of the video is the audio). Your audio isn't great, but the quality isn't terrible. The issue that I hear is that there is very little excitement. You speak very low, very calm and slow. That is in direct contrast to the bright colors, expansive graphics and overall pacing of the video. It's not that there is anything wrong with the audio, it just doesn't fit the video.

I would also note that you may be facing some copyright issues with your use of that video content. You should make sure that you are up to date with the Fair Use Guidelines when using other peoples video like this, it can get tricky.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
Not that I'm a pro as I'm far from that starting just 30 dasy ago. But I agree with Audio quiality you pointed out being your the highlight of the show. Spend some time adjusting your sound/MIC settings by doing a quick youtube search and playing with your audio setting in OBS/Twitch etc... I will go along way and defiantly try and be cheery as that should gain a positive interest as called out by prev comment.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @belleh,

We all have our own style and thus your voice sounding as if you are whispering could be your style or it could be an issue for viewers. Depends on how your viewers take it. From my perspective, you seem to whisper and thus don't sound enthusiastic in any way. Maybe if you sounded like you were enjoying the commentary it wouldn't be so bad.

As for the audio itself, many will tell you audio is extremely important. It's definitely a factor in my choices for who I subscribe to. You have a hissing sound in the background and it's very obvious in the editing when the hissing suddenly drops for a split second. This, however, can be adjusted and potentially fixed. You need only to take the audio before editing into the video and adjusting it to remove the hissing. Audacity is a simple and free program that can help you clean up the hissing. Use this program, or a paid one if you prefer, to clean up the hissing before you edit it into your video and it can make a huge improvement to your video.

Below is a link to a sample I made to show you the difference Audacity can make. I used 8 seconds of your video in this sample. The first 8 seconds is the original audio, the second is the audio processed with Audacity to remove the hissing and the third audio is a mix of both so you can hear the difference between both within the 8 seconds. I only removed the hissing sound. It's not perfect but much better than the original. With some more tweaking, you can make the audio sound better even with a not so great mic. It won't sound amazing or professional but it can definitely sound much better.

View: https://soundcloud.com/bravestarr-thegamer/before-and-after-sound-correction

Hope this helps. There are a lot of tutorials on Youtube for Audacity. It's not that difficult to use. Correct the raw audio first before you add it to the video to edit.

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: belleh
Title of thread: Trying to grow my video but I feel like IΓÇÖm doing something wring
Self review: I think in my video the audio was a bit lacking which could be a turn off for some people.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/Y8foJkiuQbw

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25887/
My initial view is that I was unsure what to expect from the video (despite the title) and as others have said the audio could just do with a little more excitement!

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
The video itself is very well done, and though audio is a very important aspect (At LEAST 50% of the video is the audio). Your audio isn't great, but the quality isn't terrible. The issue that I hear is that there is very little excitement. You speak very low, very calm and slow. That is in direct contrast to the bright colors, expansive graphics and overall pacing of the video. It's not that there is anything wrong with the audio, it just doesn't fit the video.

I would also note that you may be facing some copyright issues with your use of that video content. You should make sure that you are up to date with the Fair Use Guidelines when using other peoples video like this, it can get tricky.
Hi, thank you for your feedback. How could I make my audio sound better?

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
My initial view is that I was unsure what to expect from the video (despite the title) and as others have said the audio could just do with a little more excitement!
Hey, thanks for your feedback. I'll make sure to work on that.

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
Not that I'm a pro as I'm far from that starting just 30 dasy ago. But I agree with Audio quiality you pointed out being your the highlight of the show. Spend some time adjusting your sound/MIC settings by doing a quick youtube search and playing with your audio setting in OBS/Twitch etc... I will go along way and defiantly try and be cheery as that should gain a positive interest as called out by prev comment.
Thanks for you feedback. I'll take that on board.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I'm afraid I do everything on a phone... so while video editing, filming etc has all improved for mobile creators over the years audio engineering in this space is severely lacking. I'm afraid I have no advice on how to improve audio quality other than just to research better mics and audio engineering. But again you audio isn't terrible; the real thing that needs improvement is simply your persona. Be more excited!