• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear C920 S

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think it should be any differant to the Logitech C920 or the C920e. If you go to the Logitech website https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024695174--Downloads-C920s-HD-Pro-Webcam (this is the australian version, so it might re-direct you) it should let you download software specific to your webcam to allow you to manually change settings.

You can usually brighten things up a little bit through the software options they provide, but with the C920 I do need to have a window open to allow light in, and sometimes need to lamps on me to provide better picture quality.

So try the provided softward so you can adjust your exposure, contrast and colour settings. And then go with some extra lighting.

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Sonny Von Cleveland

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a Logitech C920 and it works pretty well when you have good lighting. That being said, I've owned it for a while and I've used it without lighting as well >.> (but those were when I streamed and I didn't want light in my face for 2 hours).

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, man, work the lights and you'll get a good look. Effective lighting is also very cost effective these days, even if you just went to the hardware store and bought shop lighting, you can still look good.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Lighting matters a lot with webcams! If possible get some good quality light in front of you, similar to what you'd do in a YT video :D
You do need to be careful with lighting though, because too much can completely blow out and wash out your image, so you want something that's adjustable. Even lighting is important, but even the best lighting might need some software exposure tweaks in case additional lights overexpose things.