• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help need help figuring something out

dean the rat

Known Member
so yesterday my impressions were at 12.7k now today they are at 21.5k, but click through rate is 3, i did not change anything but yet it jumped, my views are the same as well as subscribers so why did my impressions go that high up

Reactions: Damon

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You tube might be sharing it to more people. It does that from time to time. You tube wants people to watch so perhaps they shared your vids to more people on that particular day. This is where your thumbnails should be eye catching to lure people to click on your videos and then perhaps your channel. At least I think thatΓÇÖs how it works. I asked for advice here on TubeBuddy about my thumbnails and I changed them to the advice and my CTR went from 3 to 9 which shows thumbnails get you views. The impressions make it possible. Hope that makes sense.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah your work is getting shared out more by YouTube. More eyes on the platform due to everybody being at home, which means more videos getting suggested via impressions. This will also inherently reduce your CTR; just because YT is showing your thumbnails to people doesn't mean they are necessarily showing it to people who are going to click on it. Those numbers are very common right now.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah your work is getting shared out more by YouTube. More eyes on the platform due to everybody being at home, which means more videos getting suggested via impressions. This will also inherently reduce your CTR; just because YT is showing your thumbnails to people doesn't mean they are necessarily showing it to people who are going to click on it. Those numbers are very common right now.

This is spot on to what is happening.

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As a side note, make sure to create more content on this topic. That way, YouTube might even put your new videos in as suggested videos, since they are related to your current video. Also, create a card on your video, at the time, when your viewers are about to leave the video (seconds before), which links to a playlist with videos surrounding the same stuff, you're talking about in this video.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is spot on to what is happening.
If someone uploads 3 times a day, with possibly poor looking thumbnails have a negetive effect on that as well?

@dean the rat your newest thumbnail is great, AND that video is getting views. do more videos with THAT kind of thumbnail and you might see the CTR raise as well. You're sitting on a gold mine, but you just need to craft things a bit better :) (in my opinion anyway)

OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
If someone uploads 3 times a day, with possibly poor looking thumbnails have a negetive effect on that as well?

@dean the rat your newest thumbnail is great, AND that video is getting views. do more videos with THAT kind of thumbnail and you might see the CTR raise as well. You're sitting on a gold mine, but you just need to craft things a bit better :) (in my opinion anyway)
i have been searching for ways to improve on mythumbnails, and recently found an app that i can use for free, i am having a ton of phone issues so i ahvent been able to upload daily, but i have over 40 views without needing to upload today so im working on thumbnails for other vids