• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Poor quality video - views vs subs

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Hello Everyone.

I'm very new back on the scene with Youtube and will be shortly launching (re-launching) my channel. I have new content that will be uploaded, but I have some old videos from back in the day that are sitting on my channel. The quality of these is awful, very pixellated. Now I'm happy to delete them, but some have clocked up a decent view count. If I delete them I'll lose the views.

However I'm concerned that the poor quality of the video, (and it's just the video, not the actual content) could potentially harm my channel moving forward, particularly with encouraging new subscribers. Any suggustions? Move the offending videos to a separate playlist, thus retaining the views count, but separating them from the new content. So it's views vs subs!?

As ever, your thoughts are welcome.

BillyBoy

TubeBuddy Pro
I dont know. Why does it matter? People wont unsubscribe only because your 10 year old videos arent as good as your new ones. It only shows that you improved yourself over the time. Why restarting a channel in the first place? What do you want to change?

OP
OP
LokiTV

LokiTV

TubeBuddy User
www.playingtricks.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
It's not a change as such I want to make. I uploaded videos years ago and then just stopped. Years on I've seen the good that a channel could do me, so decided to reboot. I've already got the channel, so didn't want to start from new. If you don't think old content will matter, that was the answer I was looking for.