• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Looking for some thumbnail feedback.

kirk_collects

TubeBuddy User
Hey everybody! These are the thumbnails for my last three videos. I'm generally pretty happy with them but find myself obsessing over color choices and how eye catching and readable these might be. So I thought I'd share them and hopefully get some objective feedback so I know how to improve.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe!

What's Next for Resident Evil and Capcom.jpg
Resident Evil 3 Remake - PS4 Review by Kirk Collects.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I believe you did a fantastic job. I would suggest including your logo in the image. Logos tend to be more memorable and easier to notice thus easier for ppl to know who's video it is from a glance.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I actually really like your thumbnails, the font is perfect and the use of colours is perfect especially with how the font stands out from the thumbnail which gives it depth. Maybe just stay consistent with a font that you want to use on your thumbnails and maybe a consistent layout? so then it would make it apparent that these are your thumbnails too :)

• Love
Reactions: kirk_collects

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Dude those thumbs are looking slick! I would advise to be aware that the video timestamp is going to cover the words in the bottom right hand corner of the thumbnails, but as far as just great thumbnails I think you nailed it!

OP
OP
kirk_collects

kirk_collects

TubeBuddy User
Dude those thumbs are looking slick! I would advise to be aware that the video timestamp is going to cover the words in the bottom right hand corner of the thumbnails, but as far as just great thumbnails I think you nailed it!
Thank you ! I actually just noticed that the other day, I'm gonna be careful about that in the future.

I believe you did a fantastic job. I would suggest including your logo in the image. Logos tend to be more memorable and easier to notice thus easier for ppl to know who's video it is from a glance.
Thank you! I'll start trying that for my future thumbs.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think they're all pretty decent. You don't need the text at the bottom of them because they over complicate things, that's what the title of the video is for. Graphically they all do the job well, text wise they're all clear for the most part (Except the bottom of each thumb text) the resident evil is a bit tricky to read, but overall they all have a nice simplicity to them, and pose a question in the thumbnail. "clickbait"y enough, but enough to pose a question which I think will lead to a click.

• Angry
Reactions: Agusti pani