• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Are my videos entertaining? Would they make you want more?

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: blackbeltsecrets
Title of thread: Are my videos entertaining? Would they make you want more?
Self review: IΓÇÖm going for a ΓÇ£contentΓÇ¥ style vlog rather than just a day walkthrough or even just talking head. Obvious influence from Casey Neistat but I donΓÇÖt think this can be a bad thing. My intention is not to copy him or his style, but at the same time, if its not broken donΓÇÖt fix it and donΓÇÖt reinvent the wheel! Primarily, I want to show my viewers my day in an entertaining way and create some great content and memories at the same time. My problem is - it is far from the content that has previously been very successful on my channel (4m views on one video alone) and currently the vlogs are only getting a handful of views. IΓÇÖd really like some frank feedback - would you watch these? Would you subscribe? If IΓÇÖm totally going down the wrong path, IΓÇÖd rather know, but I really love making them and would love for it to work out! Thanks for watching and for your feedback.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/oKp_KqlaYFI

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/26674/post-74866

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
like the angle or better yet field of view its shot in. Music is cool defiantely easy to and keeps you watching. Some tracks are annoying..(not yours, lol) I would add end screens to other video clips and a channel link.

VESam

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I love the different angles, they make the video look really professional. The main weakness I'd say would be I had no idea what was going on and why, especially when you were making pancakes. I think if you did a quick introduction, even if it's something like "hey guys, I'm super excited as my son's bike has finally arrived! But first, it's time for some breakfast!" I think those 10 seconds before making pancakes would have helped a lot and would have added context to the video.

Another thing I noticed using TubeBuddy is "This video's tags appear 0 times in title and description." Perhaps adding gear bike to the tags or adding mountain bike to the description etc will help the listing (although I did notice that it's currently unlisted.) I'm not expert at YouTube by any means but I do know with SEO in general that you need to use keywords multiple times in a non spammy way in order to be effective. So for example, if you want gear bike as your keyword, you should not only add it to tags but use it in the description and title. That should help with ranking.

Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

Manofgod91

Cuts are very cool! I do wish they were a tad shorter though. Like when you cracked two eggs. Just showing the one would have been great.

Also, for a vlog I expect explanations. You aren't explaining or talking most of the time. It's just nice footage. So I feel like it's a little misleading. Maybe title it differently or add some brief segments of you explaining between those cinematic cuts.

good video.

OP
OP
blackbeltsecrets

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
I love the different angles, they make the video look really professional. The main weakness I'd say would be I had no idea what was going on and why, especially when you were making pancakes. I think if you did a quick introduction, even if it's something like "hey guys, I'm super excited as my son's bike has finally arrived! But first, it's time for some breakfast!" I think those 10 seconds before making pancakes would have helped a lot and would have added context to the video.
You're absolutely right - and that's something I was worried about. I guess bigger creators can get away with it but this was definitely lacking.

Another thing I noticed using TubeBuddy is "This video's tags appear 0 times in title and description." Perhaps adding gear bike to the tags or adding mountain bike to the description etc will help the listing (although I did notice that it's currently unlisted.) I'm not expert at YouTube by any means but I do know with SEO in general that you need to use keywords multiple times in a non spammy way in order to be effective. So for example, if you want gear bike as your keyword, you should not only add it to tags but use it in the description and title. That should help with ranking.
Interesting thoughts, too. Its quite tough to do a generic vlog and target any kind of keywords at the same time. I'm still unsure what to really focus on which is half of the problem!

Thanks for your thoughts.

TheRoutineInstructor

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
I think you video was cool just a little lost what it was about at the start. Only understood the start about half way through. But very well done camera angles and adding fast mo while putting bike together looked really cool. He loved the bike that was even better. Definitely a introduction would be good at start. And for tags I'm still learning that aspect to so sorry can't help there. The music was spot on really liked it definitely suited the video. Pretty smart putting a cloth over the egg better trick to stop mess love it. Keep up the good work mate.

• Love
Reactions: blackbeltsecrets