• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review General Gaming Channel Feedback

ContentForDays

Subscriber Goal
User name: ContentForDays
Title of thread: General Gaming Channel Feedback
Self review: I think my thumbnails are pretty eye-catching but could be better, i really enjoy making gaming videos and try to make them as original as possible but they just dont get views. My highest rating videos are random entertainment and how-to guides. I think my content is good but its not finding its intended audience. I would like as much feedback as possible, thumbnails, content and editing, thank you in advance!
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJbqDCATWwjgi7acIZup_jQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25234/

automata

Hiya,
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on a really good start to your YouTube journey.
If you consider how many millions of videos are out there that you have to compete with, then having 50+ subs and around 50 views per video in your first month of having a channel, is actually a pretty good start. Looks like SEO wise you are hitting the right targets imo.
Your thumbnails are good but lack a bit of consistency. If you were to start a theme with your thumbnails then they might stand out more and with that get you more views. Plus, over time they might act a bit like a signature and people will instantly realise that it is one of your videos.

The few minutes I watched your videos, I have to say they are pretty entertaining. Maybe it might be a good idea to give your view on why you are using certain tactics, or general tips on how others can improve their game.

Lastly, consistency is what really matter on YouTube from what I keep on hearing. So seeing you post 3 videos a week on average is really good. If you manage to keep this up, then you will be in YT's good books soon and your videos will start getting promoted automatically (and get you more viewers).~

Keep it up and best of luck with your future endeavors! :)

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, dude! Just passing by and thought I'd give you feedback! Remember to take everything with a grain of salt.

1587148785069.png

Just a thought, but when I see 'ContentForDays', I don't really think of gaming. I think more about 'vlogs'. I see that in your banner, the only info is your Twitch. Usually, the experts (like Daniel) wouldn't recommend you bringing your viewers off-platform, especially if you're new.

But if you do decide to anyways, I'd recommend putting in the quick-link so they can go to it directly instead of having to search up on Twitch or type in the URL themselves.

Other than that, I don't know too much about your channel based on the banner. I know that you have a Twitch channel, but how often do you upload? I see "Content for days" but when I look at your video, the last video was two days ago (and the one before was a week ago) so it's not daily content. Do you upload a variety of games? Or only FPS?

1587148665741.png

It looks like you're still experimenting with your thumbnails, which is good. I'd recommend putting in your logo into the thumbnail. If I saw this thumbnail with someone else's of the same format, I wouldn't know which one is from your video. Also, have you checked your CTR? By the way, I'd recommend checking out the YouTube Thumbnail Art & Photography section :)

1587149122666.png

Heading over to your latest video, you've got some unneeded tags like "joe exotic" and anything related to him. I don't believe that the Tiger King has anything to do with COD4 xD
Remember that this is misleading metadata: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en

Why not put in your title in the tags and more tags related to the video. For example 'cod4 revisited' 'call of duty 4 revisited' 'modern warfare revisited' (Remember to do research on these keywords as well).

Anyways, that's about it for me :O

I'd say if you want a more indepth review of your video, remember to drop another review and make a thread specifically about one of your video since this is just a channel feedback :)

OP
OP
ContentForDays

ContentForDays

Subscriber Goal
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on a really good start to your YouTube journey.
Thanks for taking the time to review my channel!
Your thumbnails are good but lack a bit of consistency. If you were to start a theme with your thumbnails then they might stand out more and with that get you more views
Thanks, this is something i am definitely going to look into, it is hard to try and find the balance between originality and high quality thumbnails for me but i will give it a go!
Maybe it might be a good idea to give your view on why you are using certain tactics, or general tips on how others can improve their game.
Great idea for a future video for me! Thanks again.

OP
OP
ContentForDays

ContentForDays

Subscriber Goal
Just a thought, but when I see 'ContentForDays', I don't really think of gaming. I think more about 'vlogs'.
You are right about this, I didn't think about it at the time and it does seem a little generic. Also my banner does need updating as I dont actually use twitch at the moment but thanks for the advice!
but how often do you upload?
I try to upload 2/3 times a week, i initially started with intentions to upload daily but didn't realize how hard it would be to balance work commitments with YT. :joy:
Do you upload a variety of games? Or only FPS?
I am trying to upload a variety of content, such as gaming, how to guides and entertainment. As above this has proved to be difficult! I should maybe focus on one main genre.
It looks like you're still experimenting with your thumbnails, which is good. I'd recommend putting in your logo into the thumbnail. If I saw this thumbnail with someone else's of the same format, I wouldn't know which one is from your video. Also, have you checked your CTR? By the way, I'd recommend checking out the YouTube Thumbnail Art & Photography section :)
Yes i am still experimenting and will try out that section for advice, i needed pointed in the right direction for this :joy:
I don't believe that the Tiger King has anything to do with COD4 xD
I have updated my tags to better reflect this, you are correct about the tags and thank god tiger king has nothing to do with COD4 :laughing:

Thanks for taking the time to review my channel!

WTFun

TubeBuddy User
www.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
I would like to congratulate you on a really good start to your YouTube journey.
For future i would recommend to try some popular games like CS:GO, PUBG , etc and to find a nice team. Games are funny when you stream and play them with your friends. Good luck

D

Deleted member 33766

The Channel looks really good, the thumbnails are clear and easy to understand and stand out something i would click on. The channel is well organized everything is in playlists and easy to find which is great. i think the only critique i give you is the channel's name it screams content to me you know? like general content like i would not only expect gaming content here i would expect it all other than that keep up the great work and grind and i hope your get where you want to be! :)