• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review What am I doing right & wrong here?

Dennyps

User name: Dennyps
Title of thread: What am I doing right & wrong here?
Self review: Beautiful Music flute guitar piano and waterfalls After discovering this new genre and it's potential. I decided to give it a try for after a year and a half of very hard work building our current channel in the genre "rocks, agates and gems" it has netted us only partial success due "I think" to it's limited audience on YouTube. * The content: I believe it's good, with a little twist from the competition "live video of waterfalls" and soft relaxation music. * the thumbnail: it's consistent with the competition. * the title: I optimized this title and tags with a final keyword score of 86 on TubeBuddy * I live premiered this video with tons of posts to fb and an email to current subscribers on mailchimp to advertise "it's coming." Comments on results: * # of views are dismal * viewed minutes are high for our channel * avg view duration is high for this video and our channel but not for the length of this video. I am confounded by these results and simply desire feedback and ideas. If I am going to continue in this genre should I start another channel SEO to this genre? Am I expecting to much to soon in results? Am I wrong about my content? Thank you for looking and comments in advance!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/fhh87TJdpO8

Link to other review post: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnX5RrY1q15nwRt6MWAdUmA

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah you are expecting too much far too soon on this. You are 5 days in on your first video of a new style on your channel... you can't get results that fast. Maximizing your SEO via TubeBuddy's tools is a fantastic way to get consistent views year round, but isn't really centered around blowing up a video immediately.

Reactions: Damon and Dennyps

automata

Your content is really good and on par with what your main competition has out there. The fact that you have the live waterfalls with the sound of those trickling through as well, kind of makes it stand out and in my personal opinion also makes it that little bit better than just 2hrs of music.

I think you will just have to be patient and let the views grow organically over time. The one major difference you can make is with "marketing" your content on other platforms. From what you have described, it seems you are already doing this... so the only thing I can add here, is for you to continue doing these promotional posts on facebook, Twitter, etc and hopefully get some external views this way.

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: Dennyps

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Needs more coverage. It stays on one shot for far too long. Keep the shots short: three to 10 seconds. Think in shots. Point the camera, get about 20 seconds of footage, then move the camera to another spot, and get another 10 or 20 seconds of footage.

If you have two hour's worth on music, but only about 45 seconds of coverage. To compare check out this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwSfqJ5tA90

OP
OP
Dennyps

Dennyps

Needs more coverage. It stays on one shot for far too long. Keep the shots short: three to 10 seconds. Think in shots. Point the camera, get about 20 seconds of footage, then move the camera to another spot, and get another 10 or 20 seconds of footage.

If you have two hour's worth on music, but only about 45 seconds of coverage. To compare check out this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwSfqJ5tA90
After really checking out this genre carefully, it is for relaxation, meditation and sleep (which are all keywords) so the idea as I see it is not so much to watch as it is for background music to relax, meditate and sleep by. When I put the video portion together I had this in mind. So yes although there are long sequences, it and the genre in general are designed this way. So unless I am missing something here, i think I'm on track here. In more normal YouTube styles or types, this would never do.

Reactions: Damon

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
User name: Dennyps
Title of thread: What am I doing right & wrong here?
Self review: Beautiful Music flute guitar piano and waterfalls After discovering this new genre and it's potential. I decided to give it a try for after a year and a half of very hard work building our current channel in the genre "rocks, agates and gems" it has netted us only partial success due "I think" to it's limited audience on YouTube. * The content: I believe it's good, with a little twist from the competition "live video of waterfalls" and soft relaxation music. * the thumbnail: it's consistent with the competition. * the title: I optimized this title and tags with a final keyword score of 86 on TubeBuddy * I live premiered this video with tons of posts to fb and an email to current subscribers on mailchimp to advertise "it's coming." Comments on results: * # of views are dismal * viewed minutes are high for our channel * avg view duration is high for this video and our channel but not for the length of this video. I am confounded by these results and simply desire feedback and ideas. If I am going to continue in this genre should I start another channel SEO to this genre? Am I expecting to much to soon in results? Am I wrong about my content? Thank you for looking and comments in advance!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/fhh87TJdpO8

Link to other review post: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnX5RrY1q15nwRt6MWAdUmA
I do love this and have bookmarked it for my class. Hope you tagged 'study music' 'reading music', 'classical music'. My class love having soft muisc playing during task work and test. I will be intriducing them to this. Only thing I will say is the pop up at the begining, kind of like just didn't fit in. People that listen to this kind of music dont need any wiriting, they just want to close their eyes and listen to beautiful melody. This video will organically grow, its not hip-hop but nusic for matured minds.

• Love
Reactions: Dennyps
OP
OP
Dennyps

Dennyps

You are so kind for taking the time to share feedback, a huge thank you! My blessings to all the kiddos in your class! I wished I could say hi to them. My day job is a school bus driver for a private school here in Portland Oregon and all of us have been on furlough since this covid 19 thing started. So I miss my kiddos too!
The "pop up" in the beginning is simply a title & a bit of name recognition, which is typical in this genre and these types of relaxation, sleep, meditation videos (I've checked out dozens of videos from different influencers).
Yes all my tags are all keyword optimized.
I am working (musically) on my second Waterfalls video as we speak and using some of the feedback gained here and the further research that i have been doing in this genre. I will post it on this leg when it's completed, so you can find it.
Thanks again and be well and stay healthy my friend

• Love
Reactions: Blessing