• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Direction change

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How many new channels have started doing content on one thing the. Decided on another. Is it normal for new channels to play with content to see what works. As a fledgling channel. I have heaps of ideas for content but IΓÇÖm wondering how you stop being all over the place and just pick something already lol. Or is that just a normal progression of a new channel till you figure out where you want to go. I have way too many ideas lol

Reactions: Damon

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I feel you on that. I had a gaming channel, then a vlog, then went back to gaming... I just couldn't decide haha. Eventually, I've settled on my bad ramblings video, but now I'm feeling like I'm being pulled to doing reaction videos.

Though the thing was, I never really strayed all that far from my 'niche'. When I had my gaming channel, I often played visual novels, and on my current channel, I talk about anime. Even when I was doing vlogs, I attended AX.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
How many new channels have started doing content on one thing the. Decided on another. Is it normal for new channels to play with content to see what works. As a fledgling channel. I have heaps of ideas for content but IΓÇÖm wondering how you stop being all over the place and just pick something already lol. Or is that just a normal progression of a new channel till you figure out where you want to go. I have way too many ideas lol

It's a pretty normal progression. I guess for me I had to look at it and said, what would I WANT TO be known for? How can I create that content, and do I see myself creating it for years to come?

What content do you want to create, and will that get you where you want to go?

Reactions: Damon