• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to get more video views

Homeglow

Hiya

So I have been using TubeBuddy for just over a week now. All seems good and easy to use but I seem to be struggling with video views. Since to pandemic lockdown, I have made 4 recent videos which are how-to type content. I have to use the SEO tool and get them all in the high 70% bracket of optimization but still struggling with the views. I have also used the keyword tool to make sure that the keyword was worth targeting. Am I just being impatient and this is how a video generally performs. I only have 105 subscribers so for so is that the issue also?

I can cope with the fact that the videos may be rubbish but can't understand what's going wrong with the views.

I have also followed the advice with the tags to work with the keywords.

Please help lol as it's driving me nuts!

Regards
Andy - UK

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I'm afraid this really falls to being impatient... It will take more than 4 videos to produce noticeable results. Several of my videos took upwards of 9 months to take off. When they did they took off well, but it took some time.

And BillyBoy is exactly right. SEO research is one thing, but it is almost completely worthless if you aren't creating compelling content with intriguing titles/thumbs. That needs to be focus #1.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
From what I can see youΓÇÖve had a long break between posting videos. It is likely you need to start at the bottom of the rung again. Like starting out for the first time. This early promotional period is damn hard work and you canΓÇÖt let up for a minute. ItΓÇÖs so hard. I often put key words in that appear to be good ones but I type it in the search and my video doesnΓÇÖt show to quite a long way down. You have to keep tweaking them sometimes to get it somewhere that the chance of someone seeing it then clicking it is higher. This is where thumbnails can catch the eye and are really important. If you have Facebook or instagram etc try to promote your stuff to relevant groups where you can. This often helps get watch time which is what YouTube wants. This doesnΓÇÖt always work as organic views donΓÇÖt happen if your vid is not showing up on search or not showing up high enough in search. Just give it some time and do some other promotional work and see if that helps. Handy man stuff is always helpful in my eyes and there is a potential to gain lots of views

Last edited:
Reactions: Homeglow

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, you just don't have enough content up. Set up a goal of doing 100 videos per year for five years straight, then you'll have enough data to answer your questions.

OP
OP
Homeglow

Homeglow

Thank you guys for your comments. I will do what you say and do some homework on other people's thumbnails and titles. I suppose this will just be looking at other vids like mine that are doing well and get some inspiration from their vids. All really good advice and thanks for taking the time out to comment, really appreciate it.

I'm afraid this really falls to being impatient... It will take more than 4 videos to produce noticeable results. Several of my videos took upwards of 9 months to take off. When they did they took off well, but it took some time.

And BillyBoy is exactly right. SEO research is one thing, but it is almost completely worthless if you aren't creating compelling content with intriguing titles/thumbs. That needs to be focus #1.
Thanks, Stanley for the comment, I will keep plodding on mate and play the long game.

From what I can see youΓÇÖve had a long break between posting videos. It is likely you need to start at the bottom of the rung again. Like starting out for the first time. This early promotional period is damn hard work and you canΓÇÖt let up for a minute. ItΓÇÖs so hard. I often put key words in that appear to be good ones but I type it in the search and my video doesnΓÇÖt show to quite a long way down. You have to keep teaming them sometimes to get it somewhere that the chance of someone seeing it then clicking it is higher. This is where thumbnails can catch the eye and are really important. If you have Facebook or instagram etc try to promote your stuff to relevant groups where you can. This often helps get watch time which is what YouTube wants. This doesnΓÇÖt always work as organic views donΓÇÖt happen if your vid is not showing up on search or not showing up high enough in search. Just give it some time and do some other promotional work and see if that helps. Handy man stuff is always helpful in my eyes and there is a potential to gain lots of views
Thank you for the feedback and I will definitely keep tweaking the vids to hopefully get higher on searches.

OP
OP
Homeglow

Homeglow

Hiya Stan, hope ya well matey. Just a quick question. I have done the thumb titles and I chose the titles/keywords based on the keyword planner which said they give back good scores both in weighted and nonweighted. Is that worth still keeping as that or would you say should be more reader-friendly?

for example, one of the keywords is "How to bleed a radiator correctly" which has a good score in weighted but the SEO said need to be more reader-friendly so I added "How to bleed a radiator correctly | what you need to know" which made a 100% score in the SEO section. Would Youtube still read the original keyword as "How to bleed a radiator correctly" or will it read it as "How to bleed a radiator correctly | what you need to know"? I hope I make sense!!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hiya Stan, hope ya well matey. Just a quick question. I have done the thumb titles and I chose the titles/keywords based on the keyword planner which said they give back good scores both in weighted and nonweighted. Is that worth still keeping as that or would you say should be more reader-friendly?

for example, one of the keywords is "How to bleed a radiator correctly" which has a good score in weighted but the SEO said need to be more reader-friendly so I added "How to bleed a radiator correctly | what you need to know" which made a 100% score in the SEO section. Would Youtube still read the original keyword as "How to bleed a radiator correctly" or will it read it as "How to bleed a radiator correctly | what you need to know"? I hope I make sense!!

Makes perfect sense and you have the right idea; you have the Keyword Phrase as the beginning of your title and the 'reader-friendly' portion as the tail-end of your title. Exactly what you want to do!

RobertHyman

TubeBuddy User
Hiya

So I have been using TubeBuddy for just over a week now. All seems good and easy to use but I seem to be struggling with video views. Since to pandemic lockdown, I have made 4 recent videos which are how-to type content. I have to use the SEO tool and get them all in the high 70% bracket of optimization but still struggling with the views. I have also used the keyword tool to make sure that the keyword was worth targeting. Am I just being impatient and this is how a video generally performs. I only have 105 subscribers so for so is that the issue also?

I can cope with the fact that the videos may be rubbish but can't understand what's going wrong with the views.

I have also followed the advice with the tags to work with the keywords.

Please help lol as it's driving me nuts!

Regards
Andy - UK
Your comment about SEO being 70%.... My SEO is always 95-100% and still do not see views, so all these other comments made here are so important. Having the SEO is a major part, but the algorithm isnt going to go your way after your 7 recent videos. This is a Marathon not a sprint. NOTE: The algorithm doesnt care about your content, just that you are constant about uploading something. Your content cant suck, but the point is, it doesnt matter. Just create and do it all the time. Even its a 3 minute stream of you walking around the house and talking about how dirty your floor is. lol I feel a little filler content to help boost the algorithm to your channel isnt going to hurt the overall performance of the channel. ( I did say "Little" filler ). Anyway, just my thoughts. Im a newbie and might be completely off, but with all the researching, reading and watching ive done on the subject, I think I am on point.

• Love
Reactions: Melese Hurisa

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your comment about SEO being 70%.... My SEO is always 95-100% and still do not see views, so all these other comments made here are so important. Having the SEO is a major part, but the algorithm isnt going to go your way after your 7 recent videos. This is a Marathon not a sprint. NOTE: The algorithm doesnt care about your content, just that you are constant about uploading something. Your content cant suck, but the point is, it doesnt matter. Just create and do it all the time. Even its a 3 minute stream of you walking around the house and talking about how dirty your floor is. lol I feel a little filler content to help boost the algorithm to your channel isnt going to hurt the overall performance of the channel. ( I did say "Little" filler ). Anyway, just my thoughts. Im a newbie and might be completely off, but with all the researching, reading and watching ive done on the subject, I think I am on point.

I feel the same way too. But I'm positive that YouTube will promote it soon.

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think patience and constant content updates are key. There two good things about uploading constantly:
1st: Your Channel is active, which is good for the algorithm and your videos are supposed to show up in a higher rank of a search result
2nd: You will become better in doing what you do. You will experiment a lot with titles, key words, descriptions etc. and find out what works best for your videos. Just collect some experience!

The rest will be a matter of time and endurance! (Well...at least that's what I say to myself :D )