• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion Managing YouTube and Facebook Video

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

Hope will get an answer from someone who is monitized on facebook.

I have a facebook page which I use for news, uploading videos that was just monitized this week by facebook.

I normally share my Youtube video on the page instead of uploading separately on the page. I dont know if I should stop sharing through Youtube and rather upload directly to facebook page same video so that I am not sharing.

Thanks

Blessing

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
seems to me Facebook wants you to keep people on facebook, so perhaps post on both? or split and do some on each, since YT wants you to keep eyes on YT as well?
I'd be careful sharing content on multiple platforms, especially if your video says "don't forget to subscribe" on a platform that doesn't focus on subscribing.

I have a love hate relationship with Facebook, I love to hate it. YouTube and Facebook are apparently competitors, so promoting one to the other (youtube is more lenient about teaching about facebook) will more than likely get supressed.

Reactions: Blessing

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

Hope will get an answer from someone who is monitized on facebook.

I have a facebook page which I use for news, uploading videos that was just monitized this week by facebook.

I normally share my Youtube video on the page instead of uploading separately on the page. I dont know if I should stop sharing through Youtube and rather upload directly to facebook page same video so that I am not sharing.

Thanks

Blessing

That really depends! Do you want to grow your YT channel or FB page more?

OP
OP
Blessing

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
That really depends! Do you want to grow your YT channel or FB page more?
Hi Andrew, I started with Facebook then moved to Youtube Feb last year. I do news and short funny video on facebook but then upload my Youtube video on facebok. Now that I have been monetized on facebook too. Should i make video for facebook separate from Youtube. Also I used facebook ads to help me grow my Youtube but I dont know if this is wise as I know google ads is for Youtube creator to run their video or channel ads. What do you advice. I dont have suggested video but more Youtube search and I feel after watching the training video that maybe I all this is affecting my Youtbe growth.

OP
OP
Blessing

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I'd be careful sharing content on multiple platforms, especially if your video says "don't forget to subscribe" on a platform that doesn't focus on subscribing.

I have a love hate relationship with Facebook, I love to hate it. YouTube and Facebook are apparently competitors, so promoting one to the other (youtube is more lenient about teaching about facebook) will more than likely get supressed.
Uhmmm this is good information. Based on my analytic, my views come more from Facebook because I ran my youtube vide ads there. I also have more interactive audience on facebook as i have a news page and people. I just feel like letting go of my facebook will me a lot as it was were i started. Should I have different videos on same topics done for each platform?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Uhmmm this is good information. Based on my analytic, my views come more from Facebook because I ran my youtube vide ads there. I also have more interactive audience on facebook as i have a news page and people. I just feel like letting go of my facebook will me a lot as it was were i started. Should I have different videos on same topics done for each platform?
I'd probably have some luck on facebook as well if I gave them a chance. I just don't like how they force you to use your real name (I guess understandable) and the fact that it's kinda wierd when you chat in public groups, it basically opens you up to random strangers trying to "friend" you, and I like keeping my private life super private, and my public life away from it. I decided to fix that problem by just not having a private life on facebook, but the fact people I know, and maybe people that I don't want to see, are on there. it just deincentivies the whole thing. I like on YouTube and other social networks where it's usernames. Have real names makes it a little TOO personal for my liking. But it definitely benifits some people.

One day I'll be less stubborn about facebook :p

• Love
Reactions: Blessing