• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips The importance of a good thumbnail

xPedro98

Hello, for those who don't know me, my name is Pedro and I'm from Brazil and I have a new technology channel focused on tutorials. I already apologize for the errors in the language (I'm using a translator)

I would like to show you how good thumbnail can leverage your videos especially if you are a beginner like me.

The last video I made, I show you how you can use your phone as a webcam on your computer. Seeking inspiration to create the thumbail, I found the NickNimmin channel and I used your thumbmails as inspiration.

The first step I took was to look at my competitors' thumbmails in the keywords I found using Keyword Explorer.

como usar o celular como webcam - YouTube - Google Chrome.jpg

And I decided to create something totally different and that would draw more attention to enjoy the first hours of the video that Youtube puts your video in the first positions.

THUMB:

thumb_como_transformar_celular_webcam.png

In my opinion it was the best thumbmail I did for all my videos. I spent about 3 hours doing it while I normally spend 20 minutes. And here is the result!

Análises do vídeo - YouTube Studio - Google Chrome_2.jpg

I got a record 13% click rate (My average is 7%) !! And in just a few hours this video surpassed all my previous videos and I already got + 1 subscribed to it!

Results:

Painel do canal - YouTube Studio - Google Chrome.jpg

But once I apologize for the mistakes in the language, but this community is helping me a lot and I would like to contribute in a way!

Spend time making your thumbmails! And you will find results!

Attachments

• An├ílises do v├¡deo - YouTube Studio - Google Chrome_2.jpg
    Análises do vídeo - YouTube Studio - Google Chrome_2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
This is really interesting, thank you for sharing data.

Your video topic is timely, as I'm sure a lot of people are searching for these topics right now. Great job on your success! I like your new thumbnail and it really tells us what the topic is going to be.

I've been trying to figure out what an appropriate thumbnail is for my music videos. These are mostly live performances, not instructions or vlogs. So, I've been using a frame from the performance.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for sharing. Just a few question. The frame you used for the thumbmail title which app dd you use? I use filmora for my eiditng and I feel that the frames are a little boring sometimes.

You are totally right on Thumbmail though. I need to work harder on that if I want to get more click through.

Last edited:
Reactions: xPedro98
OP
OP
xPedro98

xPedro98

Thanks for sharing. Just a few question. The frame you used for the thumbmail title which app dd you use? I use filmora for my eiditng and I feel that the frames are a little boring sometimes.

You are totally right on Thumbmail though. I need to work harder on that if I want to get more click through.

I used Adobe Photoshop to make the thumbnail. And to make the black background, I used a ".png" photo from a cell phone. For the colored frames I used a simple rectangle design that is in photoshop and added shadow effects to them.

Update

Análises do vídeo - YouTube Studio - Google Chrome_3.jpg

Reactions: Blessing