• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Lacking Growth & Engagement. Suggestions?

FirstStepMealPrep

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: FirstStepMealPrep
Title of thread: Lacking Growth & Engagement. Suggestions?
Self review: I have remained consistent on my channel in the type of videos I post and when I post them. I also utilize Instagram and Reddit to promote. However, I am struggling with growth and seem to be receiving less views now than I did months ago, although I haven't changed anything. Any suggestions or critiques would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!:)
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVLHe-mjFcYYDLwbHdr4C4g?view_as=subscriber
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/26245/

Fury

I think that this channel seems really organised i would only recommend to do more simplistic and clickbait thumbnails

tstechtalk

Subscriber Goal
I like your thumbnail and your channel is not doing too bad, i only suggests that you have to add more tags to your videos, share it on other social media and it will grow with time just be consistence

Skillay

TubeBuddy User
www.skillay.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: FirstStepMealPrep
Title of thread: Lacking Growth & Engagement. Suggestions?
Self review: I have remained consistent on my channel in the type of videos I post and when I post them. I also utilize Instagram and Reddit to promote. However, I am struggling with growth and seem to be receiving less views now than I did months ago, although I haven't changed anything. Any suggestions or critiques would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!:)
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVLHe-mjFcYYDLwbHdr4C4g?view_as=subscriber
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/26245/
I think you have a good channel. I would try to improve the thumbnails with more prominent wrods, 2 to 3 words with bigger letters!

annaramosRealtor

I would suggest cleaning up the imagery a little bit, thumbnails look cluttered and difficult to uderstand. Remember that thumbnails have to be super easy and fast to read in oreder to drive interest. Pick a color theme and stick to it.

Skillay

TubeBuddy User
www.skillay.com
Subscriber Goal
I think you have a good channel. I would try to improve the thumbnails with more prominent wrods, 2 to 3 words with bigger letters!

OP
OP
FirstStepMealPrep

FirstStepMealPrep

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think that this channel seems really organised i would only recommend to do more simplistic and clickbait thumbnails
Thank you so so much for this terrific feedback!! It is greatly appreciated. I am going to redo my thumbnails and remove some of the extra imagery and elements so it is just the photo and the title of recipe. One question: Do you think I should remove the wording that says "grocery list, macros, ingredients" within the thumbnail? I thought this would help set me apart from other channel that only have recipe videos, but based on all of the feedback, I am thinking it may be making my thumbnails too cluttered. I would love to hear what you think of this.

Breakingbrowderfarm

Subscriber Goal
I believe that you have a great channel concept. I think that maybe if you add a bit more of you and your personality in it you will do better. You've got in your intro cooking with Kristen Marie but i haven't seen a video where you talk or maybe even try the food. Great content though. Your meals look delicious. Also maybe less cluttered thumbnails. You've got a lot of pictures and a lot going on.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yep definitely thumbnails. The colour is just golden brown and seems busy. Try perhaps adding contrasting border or make titles pop with colour. With food green is a great colour pop to use. Thumbnails definitely cost views. Especially the food market because there are so many and yours needs to stand out. I use thumbnail maker which is perfect for what I need but IΓÇÖm on apple and mostly use apps.