• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion The Ability To Decline Impressions

Would you support an 'anti-impression' feature at the video level?

• Are you Stupid?! I need ALL the Impressions I can Get!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I've been mulling this over the past few days and the more I think about it the more I think this is a good idea, if feasible. So I would like to take this to the forum here for some thoughts, insight and feedback (And support?).

I would like the ability for a settings feature on videos that would allow us to 'turn-off' public impressions. Basically I want the ability to have a video live on my channel without it being the 'newest video' that YouTube promotes or suggests in Search, Browse, Channel Pages or Suggested.

My reasoning:
1) This would better allow me to make videos specifically for my audience without having it 'aired-out' to new viewers who may or may not get the context of the video.
2) Would allow me to livestream and leave that livestream public (in a playlist of livestreams at the bottom of my channel page) without that livestream soaking up unwanted impressions from other videos whom I would prefer get the attention. In general impressions for a livestream after it is no longer live seem almost entirely pointless (though there are exceptions).

Does this make sense?

Reactions: TakeEachDay
OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If it's unlisted then it doesn't show up on your homepage and won't show up in notifications. You have to give out a link for people to click on and then they have to click on it. Also if the video is unlisted afterwards it is no longer viewable, and any views it collects do not count towards your total views or YPP requirements.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been mulling this over the past few days and the more I think about it the more I think this is a good idea, if feasible. So I would like to take this to the forum here for some thoughts, insight and feedback (And support?).

I would like the ability for a settings feature on videos that would allow us to 'turn-off' public impressions. Basically I want the ability to have a video live on my channel without it being the 'newest video' that YouTube promotes or suggests in Search, Browse, Channel Pages or Suggested.

My reasoning:
1) This would better allow me to make videos specifically for my audience without having it 'aired-out' to new viewers who may or may not get the context of the video.
2) Would allow me to livestream and leave that livestream public (in a playlist of livestreams at the bottom of my channel page) without that livestream soaking up unwanted impressions from other videos whom I would prefer get the attention. In general impressions for a livestream after it is no longer live seem almost entirely pointless (though there are exceptions).

Does this make sense?

This actually already exists, but in true YouTube form, it's in a closed beta XD

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ahh, I see. You want to have more control rather than full blast or nothing at all.
Exactly!

This actually already exists, but in true YouTube form, it's in a closed beta XD
That's interesting... at least it means I'm on the right track with the concept. Is this something we could maybe push for? Or is it CLOSED?