• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Music Channel Emerging Blues, Rock&Roll, Soul and Texas rock guitarist and singer-songwriter from Austin, TX

User name: austincobb_music
Title of introduction: Emerging Blues, Rock&Roll, Soul and Texas rock guitarist and singer-songwriter from Austin, TX
Your name/ Alias: AustinCobb_Music
Where are you from? Austin, TX
How did you find TubeBuddy? Nick Nimmin video in YT
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? Want to grow my YouTube channel, so looking for advice, suggestions and support.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: Have it support my career aspirations to build a community around my music.
How frequently do you upload? about every 2 weeks
What are your hobbies? Guitar, music, signing.
What is your biggest dream?
YouTube Channel Link: https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UCUxJvoQs_Clt21GivHRxW2Q

Reactions: Cruisin Cash
Hello everyone. Glad to be part of the forum.

A bit more about me: I'm an Austin, Texas based emerging artist. I sing and play electric, acoustic and classical guitar and have been gigging around Austin for the last few years, sitting in on blues jams, gaining guest appearances with well known Austin artists as well as getting the occasional gig for my band. I'm influenced by blues, "Texas rock", and soul. I write my own songs, but don't have anything published yet.

Most of my videos posted to date have been captures of live performances around town.

I'm building my music skills, live performance and songwriting. Now, I'm thinking more about how to build a community (fanbase) around my music to support my career ambitions...

Appreciate feedback to help me improve my YT channel reach and engagement. I don't aspire to be a "youtube artist" but for the channel to help me reach new people, showcase my portfolio and further my reach.

Thanks for suggestions and support and I'll do the same.

Reactions: LA'17
Hello @austincobb_music :) Welcome to the forums!

Hopefully, you don't mean sub4sub xP

Thank you. and not at all sub4sub.

I'm hoping to gain insights on things I can do to improve. Like thumbnails - do I really need text on them to get people to click or some other "fancy" treatment? Or covers v original music. Or feedback on the videos and sound. or my descriptions.... tags. whatever.

I've been making all this YouTube stuff up along as I go, so appreciate feedback on what I can to do improve.

As for influence for my love of music: When I was 6, my school had a classical guitar program and I just loved it, so things started there. My day always listened to classic rock, opera, jazz, blues... so I listened to a lot of stuff and found interest in all sorts of music - Pink Floyd, Zep, SRV, Johnny Cash, Eagles, Bill Whithers, the Kings, etc. Plus, music is history, and I love history.

Reactions: Ikerot

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
From one Texas to another welcome to the forums sir! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask and if you are ever in the Corpus Christi area let me know! #Collabathon #TexasRepresent

LA'17

Subscriber Goal
Welcome, hope you find all you need and you succeed in growing your channel