• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips good or bad idea

dean the rat

Known Member
so i post multiple times a week but my views and stuff dont seem to be increasing ....at all even with the help of tb. is it a good idea to not post for a week to see how many views and stuff i will get without needing to continuesly upload to get views. i dont know what i am doing wrong to not get many views. all thumbnails are the generated versions yt gives you when you first upload. but i want to know like how many times do other people upload but dont need to rely on making so much content just to get over 20 views a day. i have 60ish vids and 53 subscribers.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To be fair, you have the benifit of "cute" rats (some don't like rats, but I personally think rats are adorable) but you definitely need to focus more on the presentation. You're mentioning using the generated versions YT gives you, but DEFINITELY take some custom photos. A lot of the shots are dark and hard to make out. Make those cute little critters big, bright and the stars of the show.

You've been at it for 3 months now and you are growing a good collection, so I'd start focusing a bit more on the quality of the image. Bightness (so long as it doesn't bother the rats) is a great way to go about things and get some custom thumbnails where the rats are nicly lit and take up the full frame of the image. I can already see a corrolation between your better lit thumbnails, and more views.

You can really take advantage of the cute factor of rats and let them shine :) so I think posting 2-3 times a week will still benifit.

Also "gerbil maze" is a fairly "boring" standard title. Try something like "The Amzing Gerbil Maze Escape!" or something like that. Really emphesise the cute and excitement factor :)

I think you're onto some real potential with it :) keep at it, you never know when suddenly that one video will blow up :)

OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
To be fair, you have the benifit of "cute" rats (some don't like rats, but I personally think rats are adorable) but you definitely need to focus more on the presentation. You're mentioning using the generated versions YT gives you, but DEFINITELY take some custom photos. A lot of the shots are dark and hard to make out. Make those cute little critters big, bright and the stars of the show.

You've been at it for 3 months now and you are growing a good collection, so I'd start focusing a bit more on the quality of the image. Bightness (so long as it doesn't bother the rats) is a great way to go about things and get some custom thumbnails where the rats are nicly lit and take up the full frame of the image. I can already see a corrolation between your better lit thumbnails, and more views.

You can really take advantage of the cute factor of rats and let them shine :) so I think posting 2-3 times a week will still benifit.

Also "gerbil maze" is a fairly "boring" standard title. Try something like "The Amzing Gerbil Maze Escape!" or something like that. Really emphesise the cute and excitement factor :)

I think you're onto some real potential with it :) keep at it, you never know when suddenly that one video will blow up :)
thank you, i will change that one, probly delelte do to poor light, and do a remake. i just need to verify my channel first for the custom thumbnais. if i verify what will it do in terms of views and stuff

Niki Proshin

Known Member
As Beanie said, you have the benefit of adorable rats! In my opinion, animal videos may go viral easier than others, but the video must be fun to watch, and also must have a clickbaity title with beautiful thumbnail

OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
As Beanie said, you have the benefit of adorable rats! In my opinion, animal videos may go viral easier than others, but the video must be fun to watch, and also must have a clickbaity title with beautiful thumbnail
i still have to verify my channel in order to customize thumbnails, but i think they look cute well some of them lol

xPedro98

I love watching videos of cute animals!

But my problem with your channel is that thumbnails don't call my attention to click. I believe it remains to put but "cuteness" in your thumbs nobody can resist cute animals!

OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
I love watching videos of cute animals!

But my problem with your channel is that thumbnails don't call my attention to click. I believe it remains to put but "cuteness" in your thumbs nobody can resist cute animals!
its extremily hard to take cute pics of these guys as they hate to be still for 2 seconds and they think phone equals food so they go nuts

xPedro98

its extremily hard to take cute pics of these guys as they hate to be still for 2 seconds and they think phone equals food so they go nuts

Haha ha
I imagine it is!

But look at these two channels!

A channel has only 5 videos and has almost 3 million visits! This is the power that cute animals have. Now notice the thumbnails! Did you see the difference?

The best advice I can give you now is to take as much time as possible to try to create thubnails like that of these channels! Even if it takes days! But do it and for sure results will come!

Also don't forget that viral animal videos most often start on Facebook, Twitter ...

Focus on these channels and send your audience to your channel!

This topic is from my channel:

I spent hours working on the best thumbnail possible! And I got impressive results!
I have almost 1000 views now for my channel with a month to live is a lot!

I consider thumbnails as the main selling point of your channel and your videos!

In a market, nobody buys ugly and spoiled fruits, they always buy the most beautiful and the most new-looking! YouTube is the same!

Good luck on your channel!

Reactions: Niki Proshin
OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
Haha ha
I imagine it is!

But look at these two channels!

A channel has only 5 videos and has almost 3 million visits! This is the power that cute animals have. Now notice the thumbnails! Did you see the difference?

The best advice I can give you now is to take as much time as possible to try to create thubnails like that of these channels! Even if it takes days! But do it and for sure results will come!

Also don't forget that viral animal videos most often start on Facebook, Twitter ...

Focus on these channels and send your audience to your channel!

This topic is from my channel:

I spent hours working on the best thumbnail possible! And I got impressive results!
I have almost 1000 views now for my channel with a month to live is a lot!

I consider thumbnails as the main selling point of your channel and your videos!

In a market, nobody buys ugly and spoiled fruits, they always buy the most beautiful and the most new-looking! YouTube is the same!

Good luck on your channel!
thank you for your feedback i will try my hardest to get better thumbnails for my vids. My rats might not like it but oh well lol