• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Should I reply to every comment of my old videos?

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
The most popular videos of my channel are both made 1 year ago
Yet there has been few months I have temporarily left Youtube hence I did not reply to every comments of the video.
Is it still useful if I reply to every comments of these 2 videos (considering there're thousands of comments in these 2 videos...)
I mean if it's useful for the algorithm for growing my channel.
Thanks a lot!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The most popular videos of my channel are both made 1 year ago
Yet there has been few months I have temporarily left Youtube hence I did not reply to every comments of the video.
Is it still useful if I reply to every comments of these 2 videos (considering there're thousands of comments in these 2 videos...)
I mean if it's useful for the algorithm for growing my channel.
Thanks a lot!

We still do! Even if it's late, just apologize for the delay and provide value! That's my stance :)

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I agree... do what you can within reason but if you are able to go back and answer all of them I would definitely advise doing so. It will reflect to the commenters that you are still relevant and working and that despite the time that has passed you still value them.

Reactions: zhugelianges
OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
I agree... do what you can within reason but if you are able to go back and answer all of them I would definitely advise doing so. It will reflect to the commenters that you are still relevant and working and that despite the time that has passed you still value them.
Thanks bro! I guess I know what to do already, thanks so much for your advice!:):):)

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I try to answer all comments that need an answer, and at least acknowledge others (smiley or something). If it is an older video it is even better. No since in giving up on any vid. A view is a view. Either they looked for it, or the algorithm recommended it. Either one is a win.

Reactions: zhugelianges

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes I think you should. It may be the first video that person watched and your comment may encourage them to watch more

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We still do! Even if it's late, just apologize for the delay and provide value! That's my stance :)
I still reply to comments even from as back as 2015. The old methods of comment management were HORRIBLE, and in some cases, you couldn't even reply directly to a comment anyway, probably because of old google plus bugs.

I use it as en excuse to make up a funny statement, and it's also a good way of kind of refreshing, reminding people of their comments.
I've had some people see my reply and go "wow, I completely forgot about this video, thanks for the memories" and what not. It's actually kinda cool. Explain why, appologies or make a funny excuse "sorry about the delay, got abducted by aliens, but I found my way back to earth now" and generally people get a buzz from it :p

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
I check all my comments. I will delete any that are trollish, or cause me to have a major emotion.

Comments, putting in followups, timestamps, and links can do a lot to bringing that video back to life.

Always keep in mind, YouTube does include comments in your channel ranking. If trolls are taking over your videos, it could downgrade you, and if you monetize, you could lose money. That is why some high-end YouTubers will disable or limit comments.