• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help No Subs at all...kind of frustrated

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
Set up the channel for more than 10 years, yet the real start is from 3 years ago
These 3 years I actively upload videos, and make sure I must upload one video every week.
Yet I still cannot reach 10K subs, and even not able to make half way through (<5K)
Kind of frustrated...Anyone has the same feeling?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've never cared that much about subscriber numbers. Granted, YouTube make it a pain with putting features such as community tab and stories behind a subscriber wall, but at the end of the day, for me, there's absolutely no differance between 10k subs and 1k subs. I'm at 25k now and it feels no differant to when I had 10k.

I see nothing wrong with your view counts and your thumbnails look fine to me. Maybe it's the topics you're choosing? Are you putting calls to action in your videos? Are you pinning comments? Are you replying to EVERY single comment you get?

My growth over the last year has been super slow, but that's life sometimes. I just focus on trying to make my content and serve the subscribers I DO have. It's nice to hit the milestones, but subscriber counts mean nothing in the grand scheme of things I find.

OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
I've never cared that much about subscriber numbers. Granted, YouTube make it a pain with putting features such as community tab and stories behind a subscriber wall, but at the end of the day, for me, there's absolutely no differance between 10k subs and 1k subs. I'm at 25k now and it feels no differant to when I had 10k.

I see nothing wrong with your view counts and your thumbnails look fine to me. Maybe it's the topics you're choosing? Are you putting calls to action in your videos? Are you pinning comments? Are you replying to EVERY single comment you get?

My growth over the last year has been super slow, but that's life sometimes. I just focus on trying to make my content and serve the subscribers I DO have. It's nice to hit the milestones, but subscriber counts mean nothing in the grand scheme of things I find.
Honestly I don't think my topics have any issues...As I am aiming at satisfying a niche on NBA, I won't compete with those BIG youtubers on sports area.
I have replied to every comment I get.
Yet I wanna say my watch time and views count are actually quite good in my niche comparing some of the youtuber friends as I know. They say my channel is in good shape.
Yet I just could not get any subs increase, that's what made me frustrated.
But you are right. Maybe Subscriber does not matter? I am not quite sure, but this is the thing I consistently pursue for.

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
at the end of the day there are plenty of really good newish channels with sub 1000 subs, when I search I NEVER just click on the top result, I look through at least the whole of the first page, why? because there are loads of OLD channels with huge subs numbers that are either dormant of have little new stuff loaded or updated. As I say all the time Quality over Quantity, don't get hung up on susb 5k is plenty...I wish I had that number lol

OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
at the end of the day there are plenty of really good newish channels with sub 1000 subs, when I search I NEVER just click on the top result, I look through at least the whole of the first page, why? because there are loads of OLD channels with huge subs numbers that are either dormant of have little new stuff loaded or updated. As I say all the time Quality over Quantity, don't get hung up on susb 5k is plenty...I wish I had that number lol
Thanks bro! What you say really cheer me a lot!

Reactions: AurigaDave

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, you are in a particularly hard time as the NBA and all professional sport have such down because of the virus. Use this time to come up with new ideas. See if you can start doing Skype or interviews with people who work in the NBA.

There are wrestling channels that are skyrocketing right now just because they're doing interviews with wrestler who aren't wrestling at the moment.

OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
Well, you are in a particularly hard time as the NBA and all professional sport have such down because of the virus. Use this time to come up with new ideas. See if you can start doing Skype or interviews with people who work in the NBA.

There are wrestling channels that are skyrocketing right now just because they're doing interviews with wrestler who aren't wrestling at the moment.
Wow, that really was a challenge for me as I do not have that kind of Network connecting NBA players or staff lol
Yet really appreciate your comment, thanks bro!

Reactions: Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

This is true. I think the phrase every winner, was once a beginner is SUPER important :)

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Honestly I don't think my topics have any issues...As I am aiming at satisfying a niche on NBA, I won't compete with those BIG youtubers on sports area.
I have replied to every comment I get.
Yet I wanna say my watch time and views count are actually quite good in my niche comparing some of the youtuber friends as I know. They say my channel is in good shape.
Yet I just could not get any subs increase, that's what made me frustrated.
But you are right. Maybe Subscriber does not matter? I am not quite sure, but this is the thing I consistently pursue for.
I hear you! As someone new to YouTube, sometimes I constantly check my sub count which doesn't help in any way. I need to get out of that trap and just focus on creating engaging content. The growth will come!

Reactions: zhugelianges
OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
I hear you! As someone new to YouTube, sometimes I constantly check my sub count which doesn't help in any way. I need to get out of that trap and just focus on creating engaging content. The growth will come!
Yes! Let's make interesting contents for our subscribers and let them enjoy the videos!!!:)

Reactions: Mario So

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Goodness IΓÇÖd be happy with a few hundred. I guess I can sense your frustration. The only thing I can suggest is see the videos that are doing the best and check out what you did in them and try copy them. There may be content that they liked in them ones but youΓÇÖve strayed from that and changed direction and that cost subs maybe. You tube is hard and humans are fickle creatures

• Love
Reactions: Netski64 and Damon

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
You seem to be doing pretty good. Better then me. IΓÇÖve had my channel for 5 years and IΓÇÖm at 7609. It seems posting constantly. I do it almost daily and sharing my videos seems to help a bit.

IΓÇÖm the same I probably check on mine multiple times a day. Maybe a bit obsessively. I wake up and check it. Look at it throughout the day and always before bed. Even go to bed thinking about it. Wish I could just focus on content and the journey instead.