• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion facebook and promoting

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
what is the best way to use facebook for promoting your videos

@RobBalasabas

Shared some great insight in this thread on it here.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The best way to use Facebook is to not use it :joy:
That said, Owen Video did quite a lot of videos about Facebook around 2016/2017 I remember, unsure if those videos are still applicable now, but worth a shot.

Reactions: W00tkaeppi

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Facebook as an adjunct to promote videos to my groups and friends. The best way is to join groups of likeminded people and if they allow it link your channel to them. I have a few horse related Facebook groups which like to see my beginner riding journey. Some sites donΓÇÖt like a continuous bombardment of your content and you may get booted. You have to give to the group as well. I like Instagram as you can be promoted around by the nature of it. However you canΓÇÖt link your stuff anymore I donΓÇÖt think at least it isnΓÇÖt working. Your vids are short so likely will do well in instagram

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Facebook groups #1 after that posting on my youtube page helps. a small percentage of views may come from posting on my personal wall but not that many.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm with @Beanie Draws I don't really use it. People are on Faceache for a completely different reason. they don't go there to watch video really. Instead of spending those precious few minutes of sharing content to other platforms, i prefer to dig deep and make sure my tags and SEO are nailed in order to get as many views as i can on YouTube. My view is, people come to youTube to watch videos, so may as well do all i can to win that view there as opposed to trying to disrupt the newsfeed on faceache!

Reactions: Beanie Draws

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I'm with @Beanie Draws I don't really use it. People are on Faceache for a completely different reason. they don't go there to watch video really. Instead of spending those precious few minutes of sharing content to other platforms, i prefer to dig deep and make sure my tags and SEO are nailed in order to get as many views as i can on YouTube. My view is, people come to youTube to watch videos, so may as well do all i can to win that view there as opposed to trying to disrupt the newsfeed on faceache!
Yeah I get roughly 2 views per post on Facebook. It makes a slight difference but not much.