• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice upload per week or every 2 weeks

dean the rat

Known Member
i have uploaded nearly 60 videos on my channel but my views are staying the same or going down i have 46 subscribers, so should i start on a schedule or keep posting multiple times a week like i am.

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I would look at keeping to the format of the videos that are getting the most views concentrate on those and make sure your films are polished, if that means only one a week that is fine as you have a decent base of videos (60). I am a firm believer in QUALITY every time

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
I would look at keeping to the format of the videos that are getting the most views concentrate on those and make sure your films are polished, if that means only one a week that is fine as you have a decent base of videos (60). I am a firm believer in QUALITY every time
for the past month views have stayed the same and sub count though, i use tags but it seems those dont help, and all my conent stays in the same catagory and doesnt stray

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
for the past month views have stayed the same and sub count though, i use tags but it seems those dont help, and all my conent stays in the same catagory and doesnt stray

Just because you use tags, doesn't guarantee you views that day, it takes times it's searches per month. Tags are a part of Search Engine Optimization, and that helps you earn views through search over time, not the second it goes up. Search earns views over time, consistently not all at once fast.

Reactions: blackbeltsecrets

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm personally uploading one video per week. My channel is only two months old so I'm new at this, that means I still have a ton to learn. Until I discover what works and what doesn't, and while I'm still teaching myself video editing and SEO stuff and everything, well I don't see any reason to do many uploads per week until I have more skill and knowledge.

Once I know more and am better at this, THEN I can think about uploading more frequently.

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I'm personally uploading one video per week. My channel is only two months old so I'm new at this, that means I still have a ton to learn. Until I discover what works and what doesn't, and while I'm still teaching myself video editing and SEO stuff and everything, well I don't see any reason to do many uploads per week until I have more skill and knowledge.

Once I know more and am better at this, THEN I can think about uploading more frequently.
I agree, it is better to upload a few high quality well edited videos than lots of poor ones

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
If you check out your analytics you can see the search terms that you use that are getting the most views. If you focus on what is currently most popular on your channel it may help increase your views over time.

Andy Astbury

wildlifeinpixels.net
Subscriber Goal
Personally, I only upload 1 video per week to 10 days.
My channel is all about image processing for photographers, so it's in a highly competitive market. My videos are very detailed and so frequently last between 30 and 45 minutes - so not YT viewer friendly. It took me a long time to hit 1000 subs and 5K views per month!
Now I'm sitting at 1955 subs, with 8.5K views per month, and gaining subs at over 100 per month. But I still have only 28% of viewers watching to the end of every video because the videos are long and the majority of views come from impatient people.
As subs have grown so have feedback comments. When I started these were often negative, complaining about the length, but once I broke 1000 subs those comments died away quickly, to be replaced by people commenting about how they liked the long videos crammed with detailed info.
You can't please everyone with the content you produce, but when you start gaining subs on a particular style of video then my advice is to stick to that style and finesse it a bit.
Gaining those initial subs to start the ball rolling begins with making content people want to see, and adding a title and thumbnail that grabs peoples attention and makes them want to click it - without that 'hook' videos will not get the views they deserve no matter how good the content.
Obviously the thumbnail and title have to be 100% content-relevant otherwise it's just click bait, but you can't escape the fact that thumb and title are the biggest way to get views; if the viewer likes the content then they may sub, and if you're consistent with upload quality and relevance (to them) then they will click the notification bell.
That's my take on answering your question, but it's only the opinion of a jaded old fart from the UK :joy:

chileno0826

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Promote / Advertise your channel! Use FB, Instagram, etc! that will help you grow as well