• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Growing a channel

Mils

Hi all
Lots of people says... to grow a channel, all we have to do it just posting videos regularly.
It is really enough ?
What you do after poster a video ?
Thanks to reply

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Promote, promote, promote, use the TB options to link new vid's through Twitter, Facebook etc...BE SEEN, you may have the best thing on the market but if people do not know you are there .....it takes time but go for it and good luck

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Mils

Mils

Hum ... I really don't like working in "blind mode" ... promoting... but I need to see how a channel was grow. Is there a tool to see where a video was posted please ? To track the work of a competitor for exemple ?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
No, it isn't enough. You have to know your audience and the size of your niche in the marketplace. You have to know what your audience wants or desires. Once you understand that, everything else falls into place.

The growth of your channel is ultimately limited by the size, shape, and level of want and desire within your audience.

I often say post 150 videos to grow your channel, but each video needs to be shot well; titles, tags and description need to be optimized; your thumbnails need to be eye capturing; your video has to capture and hold people's attention long enough to make them want to subscribe.

You have to do everything right for 150 videos, not just upload 150 random videos. It has to be quality, quantity and optimization for an audience big enough and who has a deep enough want or burning desire that will make your channel grow.

Last edited:
Reactions: AurigaDave and Mils
OP
OP
Mils

Mils

Thanks for this answer @Damon ... Of course when I say just uploading videos... I mean each videos right optimized with right tags, titles and Descriptions... of course. My deep question was if I promote my videos and get more views from away, it can be "help" the algorithm of Youtube to see my videos much more or not... Or I must only wait ?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, yes, you will get "more" views, but it likely be far fewer views than you get within YouTube itself. It will give you lots of links that the Google/YouTube bots will see. Over the long term that will in crease your exposure, but it's all a waiting game.

Think about it if you have 500 videos, linked on various forums and social media outlets, what are the chances that more people will find you? A lot! Sometimes people will find one of your videos on Facebook or Pinterest, Twitter or something.

Some of my best subscribers come from old school forums like this within my niche.

Reactions: Mils and AurigaDave