• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Is there no longer be HD again for 720p?

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
Hi everyone,
I got an issue.
Usually after I using Youtube requirements upload, as 720p, there would be a 720p*HD sign. Like this,
2.JPG

But then no matter I watch 720p video, or I upload 720p video, the button become this (no HD again for 720p)
HD.JPG

Anyone know what happen?
Thanks a lot!!

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I noticed this as well. Thought it was interesting, I guess we're moving on to 4K (I mean, we were already there, but ya know) xD

Reactions: zhugelianges
OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
Is this due to the recent notice by Youtube and other streaming services to limit the streaming quality in order to save the Internet bandwidth? Even my Wifi has slow down from past few days.
I heard that the limitation of streaming is due to COVID-19, and it acts the same way for Netflix, or other streaming platform
Not sure if it's true or not

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If I am not mistaken YouTube did an update that removed the 'HD' icon on videos... I believe the reasoning was that most content was HD and so they no longer felt the need to promote it as such. (I believe this was covered on a recent episode of Creator Insider).

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
If I am not mistaken YouTube did an update that removed the 'HD' icon on videos... I believe the reasoning was that most content was HD and so they no longer felt the need to promote it as such. (I believe this was covered on a recent episode of Creator Insider).

This is correct! YouTube takes a bias in what the content quality is to try to promote both technically and actually the highest quality content, and since 4K is so accessible 720p isn't necessarily a selling point anymore.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB