• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Do you have any feedback for my thumbnail?

BillyBoy

TubeBuddy Pro
Hello,
the title because says it all. I use this kind of thumbnails since the beginning of my channel. (not even 4 weeks :D ) I do like the simplicity and the style of the thumbnail has recognizable. But im sure you guys have some ideas to improve on my thumbnail.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Inequality thumnail new.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It's a little basic... I would suggest spending some time working to improve this. Practicing the art of crafting a killer thumbnail is one of the most important things you can do.

The best advice I can give on judging whether or not you are making good thumbnails (or if you want to see what you need to do to improve them). Go to YouTube and search for your own video (even if you haven't made that video yet). Look at the thumbnails that other people are making for the exact same video that you are going to publish. In order to succeed you need your thumbnail to at least be as good as theirs and honestly you want it to be better. See what they are doing and do it better than them.

I use Picsart and Snapseed on my phone to do my thumbnails, and these two free aps offer every thing you could need to improve your thumbnails. (I hear Canva is really good too, and it can be used on a computer if I am not mistaken). I would also suggest looking up the 'Elements of Design...' these are a few simple rules for graphic design. A little improvement to the design aspects of your thumbnail and the overall artwork will pay MASSIVE dividends in the performance of your video.

Niki Proshin

Known Member
The best advice I can give on judging whether or not you are making good thumbnails (or if you want to see what you need to do to improve them). Go to YouTube and search for your own video (even if you haven't made that video yet). Look at the thumbnails that other people are making for the exact same video that you are going to publish. In order to succeed you need your thumbnail to at least be as good as theirs and honestly you want it to be better. See what they are doing and do it better than them.

That's a good advice IMO. I also try to make my thumbnails to look standing out among the others, though I am still figuring out what works best for my videos.

Hello,
the title because says it all. I use this kind of thumbnails since the beginning of my channel. (not even 4 weeks :D ) I do like the simplicity and the style of the thumbnail has recognizable. But im sure you guys have some ideas to improve on my thumbnail.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

View attachment 4761

And I also think that it's quite basic. Easy recognizable for your subscribers, but not clickable for new viewers probably.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So the style of the thumbnail leaves me with a few thoughts and curiosities. I can kind of see what you're trying to do with it and the style you're going with, but I'm also not entirely sure what the messege is with the thumbnail. I know the red headed woman is usually used in a critical manner, so I'm not sure if this is a critical video, or a disucssion, or if it's meant to be a meme video making fun of inequality...

I'm getting a meme vibe from it but it's not being executed effectively. I can't tell if you're going for an edgy style, or if you're a teenager just discussing thing things.

I'm not a fan of the font or it's colour but it might work for this, so instead I'd focus on minimalising it a bit.

I did actually end up watching the video to see if I could get some context and it isn't as ΓÇ£EdgyΓÇ¥ as I was expecting it to be, so the girls in the thumbnail aren't needed.

The choice of having the guy on the left.... that's going to cause you some issues done the line with getting monetisation. I'd maybe go with less radical examples of inequality. Enough to cause curiosity, but not enough to intentionally anger people, or as you said in the video ΓÇ£triggerΓÇ¥ people.

You might get attention for it, but ask yourself if it's the attention you want? The topic and discussion IN the video is actually pretty interesting, but I think it's let down by an intentionally extreme thumbnail. It's bordering on the ΓÇ£clickbaitΓÇ¥ territory which will probably get you the wrong reactions (it already has a few dislikes) and I think your aim is to incite conversation rather than anger, so again, I'd go with less radical examples of job applications. Because ΓÇ£Interesting clickyΓÇ¥ can quickly become ΓÇ£edgelord/memelordΓÇ¥ which in this example, takes away from the messege of the video.

So I'd take the extreme level down by half. And I think you only nwws 2 characters, not 4.

Hope that helps :)

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB