• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Trying to Decide

ZachRinn

Hey all, I am new here. I have a question and I am hoping for your advice.

Here is the situation..
I currently have two pages, one (ZachRinn) has content (my personal channel) the other (UnscriptedOutdoors) has content in the works(a Self Filmed outdoor/hunting channel). I have TubeBuddy Pro for the Unscripted one... I started the second channel with the understanding that I have a better chance at views and awareness if the content of the channel is similar. But I will also produce a lot of random content - like DIY tricks - Graphic Design Tutorials - Gaming (iracing) - non-hunting vlogs.

So with the brief information above am I better off moving my TubeBuddy(still within my 30day window) to my ZachRinn channel and just having my outdoor stuff in a separate playlist? Or do I keep the other channel, so my random non-hunting can be on the personal page and the more consistent content would be on the Unscripted page? If I do this which one am I better off having the TubeBuddy on, with the understanding that I could only afford one.

I hope this explains my dilemma a little bit

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey all, I am new here. I have a question and I am hoping for your advice.

Here is the situation..
I currently have two pages, one (ZachRinn) has content (my personal channel) the other (UnscriptedOutdoors) has content in the works(a Self Filmed outdoor/hunting channel). I have TubeBuddy Pro for the Unscripted one... I started the second channel with the understanding that I have a better chance at views and awareness if the content of the channel is similar. But I will also produce a lot of random content - like DIY tricks - Graphic Design Tutorials - Gaming (iracing) - non-hunting vlogs.

So with the brief information above am I better off moving my TubeBuddy(still within my 30day window) to my ZachRinn channel and just having my outdoor stuff in a separate playlist? Or do I keep the other channel, so my random non-hunting can be on the personal page and the more consistent content would be on the Unscripted page? If I do this which one am I better off having the TubeBuddy on, with the understanding that I could only afford one.

I hope this explains my dilemma a little bit

Keep the channels separate! Ask yourself what could you see yourself still doing in 5 years? Really think about that. Also look at the analytics what is the data telling you? :) As to which channel should keep pro? Which ever one answers my previous questions.

Reactions: ZachRinn
OP
OP
ZachRinn

ZachRinn

I was leaning towards separate as well..

I could see TubeBuddy helping the personal page because it is less of a niche - But I could also see it helping the passion project because there are a lot of random hunting/outdoor video channels...

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I was leaning towards separate as well..

I could see TubeBuddy helping the personal page because it is less of a niche - But I could also see it helping the passion project because there are a lot of random hunting/outdoor video channels...

The thing is. Who is the audience you want to serve? If hunters, serve them. if It's your own interests, that's fine but understand it's MUCH harder to grow a channel that way. Thinking of what you want to do with your audience, and how you want to help them, will help with this decision.