• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Can anyone help on CTR and impression?

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
I wanna ask for my CTR and impressions, may anyone please help?

My Channel has 4400 subs, around 3M click views in total. Over the last 28 days, impressions are 1.5M and CTR is 8.8%, is that kind of impressions and CTR signaled as good or bad for my size?

For my top 5 videos, 3 has moderate impressions and high CTR, 1 has high impressions and high CTR, while another one only has high impressions yet low CTR, yet this one generate the most views for my channel. Why? ShouldnΓÇÖt that one be bad in performance?

My old videos published several years ago has really really low impressions and CTR, should I delete all of them or at least private them?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There's a lot to unpack here, and it would be a little difficult to put it all on a comment. but long story short you are getting generally good numbers regardless of channel size or niche. They can't all be winners; some thumbnails just don't trigger people the way others do. Subtle difference can have vastly different effects on viewers, and a lot of times it has to do with the thumbnails/titles that are presented with your video.

You are doing good, just keep pushing. Don't delete old videos just because they aren't performing as good as you like, they still have value and they aren't hurting your channel.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
There's a lot to unpack here, and it would be a little difficult to put it all on a comment. but long story short you are getting generally good numbers regardless of channel size or niche. They can't all be winners; some thumbnails just don't trigger people the way others do. Subtle difference can have vastly different effects on viewers, and a lot of times it has to do with the thumbnails/titles that are presented with your video.

You are doing good, just keep pushing. Don't delete old videos just because they aren't performing as good as you like, they still have value and they aren't hurting your channel.

This is great advice! Another thing you can do is look at your competitions thumbnails while doing keyword research trough TubeBuddy's keyword explorer. Keep in mind when it comes to CTR OP the only opinion that matters is your audience. We can give feedback, but if the audience doesn't click on it, but we like it, Then it didn't matter we liked the new thumbnail.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
zhugelianges

zhugelianges

Recognized Member
This is great advice! Another thing you can do is look at your competitions thumbnails while doing keyword research trough TubeBuddy's keyword explorer. Keep in mind when it comes to CTR OP the only opinion that matters is your audience. We can give feedback, but if the audience doesn't click on it, but we like it, Then it didn't matter we liked the new thumbnail.
Thanks for your help Andrew!
Just one more question, all videos thumbnails in my channel are just putting my logo under left hand corner with a face, yet my logo is very ugly (as you can see in my profile)
Yet given that ugly logo, I have many videos with 15%+ CTR. On the other hand, since my logo is ugly, I want to change my logo per opinions of my friends.
Would it be too risky to change my logo if many videos of mine have 15%+ CTR? But my logo is really disgusting...
Thanks again for your help!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for your help Andrew!
Just one more question, all videos thumbnails in my channel are just putting my logo under left hand corner with a face, yet my logo is very ugly (as you can see in my profile)
Yet given that ugly logo, I have many videos with 15%+ CTR. On the other hand, since my logo is ugly, I want to change my logo per opinions of my friends.
Would it be too risky to change my logo if many videos of mine have 15%+ CTR? But my logo is really disgusting...
Thanks again for your help!

You can keep pretty much the same image, and just swap in the new logo and old. IF They were performing already, USUALLY a logo change won't effect it much. However, we won't know until you do it.