• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How does monetization work with 2 different YouTube channels? What's the best strategy for doing this?

Love Reconciled

TubeBuddy User
lovereconciled.com
Subscriber Goal
Dear YouTube community,

Question #1.) How does monetization work with 2 different YouTube channels?

Question #2.) What's the best strategy (Steps) for doing this?

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Charles Lawson
Owner/Creator of Love Reconciled YouTube channel

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Dear YouTube community,

Question #1.) How does monetization work with 2 different YouTube channels?

Question #2.) What's the best strategy (Steps) for doing this?

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Charles Lawson
Owner/Creator of Love Reconciled YouTube channel

In order to monetize you must be in the YouTube partner program. Both channels must have:
  1. Follow all the YouTube monetization policies.
    • The YouTube monetization policies are a collection of policies that allow you to monetize on YouTube. If you're a YouTube partner, your agreement including the YouTube partner program policies require compliance with these monetization policies in order to potentially earn money on YouTube.
  2. Live in a country or region where the YouTube Partner Program is available.
  3. Have more than 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months.
  4. Have more than 1,000 subscribers.
  5. Have a linked AdSense account.
Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/72851?hl=en

You need to grow your channel! The best way is by creating content for your ideal audience, that is searchable and helps you grow while creating new content :D

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I really "need" to get one of my second channels past 1000 subscribers and monetised so I can find out as well. I know each individual channel needs to qualify individually as Andrew has pointed out. I assume they both link to the sam adsense account, and would pay out combined rather than individually.

Also keep in mind, although a channel might get monetisation, it requires a $100 minimum for payout, so you might make $20 one month, $50 the next month and still have to wait a few months until you have made enough for the $100 minimum payout.

I've had a month where I made $99... so of course, I had to wait 2 months so I could get that payout which was a bit of a pain.

Focus on making good content and don't worry about monetisation.
If making money is important to you, get a brand deal or a sponsor. And in that regard, they might be even harsher than your audience in what they expect quality wise from your content, so at the end of the day it's the content that matters, not the monetisation, because you won't be making a lot regardless.

You need to have LOTS of subscribers, like in the 80k+ territory to get anywhere near $1000 a month on adsense alone, and that's not enough to pay rent etc.

So while adsense is a great bonus, have a content strategy and business plan that goes outside of monetisation.