• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help How do you put "skippable cards" in your video?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A bit of a continuation of one of my other threads, but I'd like to add a card that lets you skip to a certain part of a video's time stamp, but not entirely sure how to do that. Any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
A bit of a continuation of one of my other threads, but I'd like to add a card that lets you skip to a certain part of a video's time stamp, but not entirely sure how to do that. Any ideas?

I've never seen this o_O I only know about timestamps. I know you USED to be able to do this with annotations though.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think you're able to do that as you're unable to link the same video in the cards. Annotations used to do that, but that's long gone lol

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, some of my old videos had long intros, so I'd have one of those note things overlaying the video saying "skip to xx for the video" but of course that was eliminated, so there's no real way to quickly let people fast forward before they get bored.

Description annotations and pinned comments are useless on mobile because people won't really bother scrolling to see if there's any mention of skipping forward, they'll simply get bored and move on. I'd LOVE an on screen notification to go "skip to xx to see the tutorial"

Sorry Tom, you're getting another twitter request :joy: