• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice I want to learn more about my videos stats

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So I'm trying to l'm trying to learn a bit more about my video. I've gone back to my traditional long form factor (i did have a talking head intro for about 40 seconds which is probably responsible for the tanking retention.

So the first 48 hours, this video has supposedly lost 8 subscribers. BUT the views are significantly better than normal, and the CTR is also much higher (maybe because it's new)

I do know my audience generally prefer long form tutorials even if the retention is lower. And people LOVE Indoraptor, so the topic is fine. I think the intro with my face (which people probably don't care about, so my next video i'll probably avoid showing my face again) probably hurt things a little...

But overall, I'm not fully sure what number to focus on the most, which numbers are poorer and weather this video is performing poorer than I think, or better than I think.

Some insight would be awesome :)

Screenshot (3550)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (3551).png

Reactions: AurigaDave

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So I'm trying to l'm trying to learn a bit more about my video. I've gone back to my traditional long form factor (i did have a talking head intro for about 40 seconds which is probably responsible for the tanking retention.

So the first 48 hours, this video has supposedly lost 8 subscribers. BUT the views are significantly better than normal, and the CTR is also much higher (maybe because it's new)

I do know my audience generally prefer long form tutorials even if the retention is lower. And people LOVE Indoraptor, so the topic is fine. I think the intro with my face (which people probably don't care about, so my next video i'll probably avoid showing my face again) probably hurt things a little...

But overall, I'm not fully sure what number to focus on the most, which numbers are poorer and weather this video is performing poorer than I think, or better than I think.

Some insight would be awesome :)

View attachment 4680
View attachment 4681

For you since you know it's going to have dip. I'd focus on search traffic, CTR, and retention percentage. You can also use TB to see where the common drop offs are. I'd also for you see comments, and check that :)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws