• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Food What's in your pantry? What did you stock up on for self isolation?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a random one, but what did you managed to get/what did you CHOOSE to get, to help get you through these times. What's in your pantry, what's in your fridge? What staples are you relying on during this quarentien times?

I got quite a lot of noodles (11 days in and im bored of it now lol) 10kg of rice, and lots of cans of "tom piper" and a fair few cans of soup. And some long life milk.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Are you trying to steal my pantry? Is that why you're asking :p

We are absolutely STOCKED on ramen, it's ridiculous. We've had this pile even before the shelter at home order was in place xD

• Haha
Reactions: Beanie Draws

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a random one, but what did you managed to get/what did you CHOOSE to get, to help get you through these times. What's in your pantry, what's in your fridge? What staples are you relying on during this quarentien times?

I got quite a lot of noodles (11 days in and im bored of it now lol) 10kg of rice, and lots of cans of "tom piper" and a fair few cans of soup. And some long life milk.

Lots of food in the freezer. Broccoli, corn, peas, carrots, etc. Same with meats, and pasta. Lot of quick filling meals in case I can't go out again.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have officially filled the freezer with fish!!!
Same! And Pizza haha!
Are you trying to steal my pantry? Is that why you're asking :p

We are absolutely STOCKED on ramen, it's ridiculous. We've had this pile even before the shelter at home order was in place xD
I hope Raman is survivable because I have a lot too haha. I've loved ramen noodles until I eat it for the 11th day in a row XD
Lots of food in the freezer. Broccoli, corn, peas, carrots, etc. Same with meats, and pasta. Lot of quick filling meals in case I can't go out again.
I think I need to stock up on more freezer veggies.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I make my own frozen veggies here anyway. Canned mushrooms & peas (fresh not available, ever), fresh carrots and green beans. Blanch carrots & green beans, mix with mushrooms & peas and bag it up for the freezer. I have about a 6 week supply of veggies. There is only one store with decent quality meat, and we got there the day before the city shut down (good timing). So I have about a 6 week supply of pork loin, butterfly cuts. I have one whole chicken in the freezer (last one from the yard). My wife has a bunch of canned meats (fish, meatloaf, and what they mistakenly call corned beef). I have one canned ham. Only about 12 packs of pancit (ramen) but my wife can go to the local grocery in a few days for more. We bought a 50 kilo bag of rice, we are sharing it with the uncle's family next door (as an American I rarely eat rice, but my wife eats it 3 meals a day). About 15 packs of Tang (various flavors). I had 12 1.5 liter diet cokes, but down to 5. I will likely run out of coke and rum & whiskey about the same time. The liquor ban is bad. They limit our purchases to stop hoarding.

Their definition of hording is bizarre. Only 1 can of baby formula?! (luckily we do not need any). Coffee is sold in single cup sachets - only 12 allowed at a time (but they store sells big cans of coffee still?). No more than 6 rolls of toilet paper (but the store sells packs of 12 & 24?). Not a problem for us as we only buy paper if foreigners are coming to visit (foreigners means Americans or Europeans ha ha).

We will run out of bread in a few days but I can always make cornbread muffins. I have 5 kilos of masa harina (shipped from the US). Not sure how that will work with peanut butter and jelly, though? Oh, I think we have 4 or 5 watermelons still. We bought 50 kilos of yellow melons for a fiesta at the beginning of March (the fiesta was just days before the lockdown).

Only three 20 liter water jugs. Last time we sent the jugs out for refilling - the refill station was closed. This could be a problem.

We already ran out of spaghetti, ground meat, and ribs. Running low on popcorn.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I make my own frozen veggies here anyway. Canned mushrooms & peas (fresh not available, ever), fresh carrots and green beans. Blanch carrots & green beans, mix with mushrooms & peas and bag it up for the freezer. I have about a 6 week supply of veggies. There is only one store with decent quality meat, and we got there the day before the city shut down (good timing). So I have about a 6 week supply of pork loin, butterfly cuts. I have one whole chicken in the freezer (last one from the yard). My wife has a bunch of canned meats (fish, meatloaf, and what they mistakenly call corned beef). I have one canned ham. Only about 12 packs of pancit (ramen) but my wife can go to the local grocery in a few days for more. We bought a 50 kilo bag of rice, we are sharing it with the uncle's family next door (as an American I rarely eat rice, but my wife eats it 3 meals a day). About 15 packs of Tang (various flavors). I had 12 1.5 liter diet cokes, but down to 5. I will likely run out of coke and rum & whiskey about the same time. The liquor ban is bad. They limit our purchases to stop hoarding.

Their definition of hording is bizarre. Only 1 can of baby formula?! (luckily we do not need any). Coffee is sold in single cup sachets - only 12 allowed at a time (but they store sells big cans of coffee still?). No more than 6 rolls of toilet paper (but the store sells packs of 12 & 24?). Not a problem for us as we only buy paper if foreigners are coming to visit (foreigners means Americans or Europeans ha ha).

We will run out of bread in a few days but I can always make cornbread muffins. I have 5 kilos of masa harina (shipped from the US). Not sure how that will work with peanut butter and jelly, though? Oh, I think we have 4 or 5 watermelons still. We bought 50 kilos of yellow melons for a fiesta at the beginning of March (the fiesta was just days before the lockdown).

Only three 20 liter water jugs. Last time we sent the jugs out for refilling - the refill station was closed. This could be a problem.

We already ran out of spaghetti, ground meat, and ribs. Running low on popcorn.

Really helpful advice! I wish you all the best on re-filling your stock :)

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Haha... Over in the UK, nah didn't stock up too much. Still go out once a week to get shopping. No biggie. although my one big vice is Bread. I have always got 4 loaves of thick sliced Bread in the Freezer. Sandwiches or simply Toast. LOVE IT!!!

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I did a re-stock about 2 weeks ago, and will probably go out again this weekend to get some more meats, softdrink and snacks. My supply of canned food is still good, was able to re-stock my noodles, soup etc last shop and still going good for all that. My oven broke down :( poor timing for fillaments to break, so now it's time to focus on stovetop and microwave and grill meals.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Here in the Philippines, we stack up on a lot of stuff like chips, canned goods, etc.