• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question YouTube poll cards and end screens

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
Good day community. I hope you all keeping safe.

Jumping straight into it. How many of you use what's previously called annotations now known as poll cards?. I was watching a video just now and noticed a cool message popup under the i section on the top of the screen.

Secondly, how important is it that I use these features in my videos?
I assume it will help engage some of my viewers a little more and gain some feedback from my videos

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Good day community. I hope you all keeping safe.

Jumping straight into it. How many of you use what's previously called annotations now known as poll cards?. I was watching a video just now and noticed a cool message popup under the i section on the top of the screen.

Secondly, how important is it that I use these features in my videos?
I assume it will help engage some of my viewers a little more and gain some feedback from my videos

So they're actually called info cards, since they can do more then polls.

They can be VERY useful. Have a question for the audience? Poll them? Want to point them to another video of yours? Do it! It's up to YOU so you can make them VERY effective :D

It not only can get you engagement, but also growth :D

OP
OP
Jonnoi

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
Awesome!!! Lol I'll just take the next few days and go thru all the videos I previously uploaded and add into cards where needed. Was just an observation I just made.I want to make my channel as efficient as possible..thanks Andrew ✌

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm guilty for not really ever using them. I keep forgetting to, and i feel using them relys too heavily on watching my own videos to find the best places to place them.

I've heard from Nick and Andrew that the best strategy for using those cards is when your audience retention starts to drop, and that you can use that as an opportunity to use info cards to take folks to a "more interesting" video.

OP
OP
Jonnoi

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
I'm guilty for not really ever using them. I keep forgetting to, and i feel using them relys too heavily on watching my own videos to find the best places to place them.

I've heard from Nick and Andrew that the best strategy for using those cards is when your audience retention starts to drop, and that you can use that as an opportunity to use info cards to take folks to a "more interesting" video.
Interesting that makes a lot of sense...I've seen a dip in views recently due to the virus.but regardless I'm still pushing thru

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I use cards, specifically for drops in retention but also as a call to action for other relevant videos from time to time. That having been said I despise the actual polls in the cards. It is impossible to check the results of a poll without remembering what video the poll was in, where in the video the poll was placed and watching through to that point to check the stats. Did a poll on a video two years ago that still gets votes and I can't stand digging back through the library to check the current results.

Unless someone else knows a better way of checking them?

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I use cards, specifically for drops in retention but also as a call to action for other relevant videos from time to time. That having been said I despise the actual polls in the cards. It is impossible to check the results of a poll without remembering what video the poll was in, where in the video the poll was placed and watching through to that point to check the stats. Did a poll on a video two years ago that still gets votes and I can't stand digging back through the library to check the current results.

Unless someone else knows a better way of checking them?

Yo ucan get there through the TubeBuddy quick links to the card results :D

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB