• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Past, forgotten, unpublished. Should I publish old unpublished videos anyway?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is something I've been sitting on for several years now. I have a collection of unpublished speed drawings that I uploaded in 2015, this is one example.

Screenshot (3537)_LI.jpg

So my mindset in 2015 my mindset was "lets do a video for the drawing tutorial, if it's more than the drawing and I do some colouring and rendering, let's do a dedicated video for that because not everyone might want to see that part. So I kept them as seperate videos (evidently the final video didn't perform "as well" (54k is still a great view count)

these older videos weren't produced as well, I didn't have a dedicated microphone, and I was using Windows Movie Maker to edit, so those videos are a bit hard to watch (but apparently people don't care because the views still roll in to this day)

I had a few comments on how slow and long these videos were, so that got me into making a timelapsed speed drawing video version as well.

As you can see in this example... that turned into 3 videos... which even I think is a bit excessive for one artwork, so I never released the speed drawing version. I have a few more speed drawing versions of old videos I've never published and I'm always debating about either publishing them anyway, or deleting them entirely.

Here be the questions.
1) IF i published these now... would they appear as published now, or 2015 when they uploaded?
2) would they show up on my video list as recent, or would they show up way back in my video gallery where they were uploaded?

3) do you think it's a bad idea to publish speed drawings of super old videos 5 years latrer? Would the speed drawing video now be irrelevant or too disjointed in the timeline compared to the original?

4) I'm still debating weather to release speed drawings of NEW videos I'm working on, as an easier consumable version of super long videos that not all people might have the time to watch?

Essentially my mindset is going back to 2015, but with 2020's technology and experience :p

What do you all think? would love to know your thoughts on something I've been thinking about a lot over the years.
Sorry for the LOOOOOOONG post :p

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
1) IF i published these now... would they appear as published now, or 2015 when they uploaded?
2) would they show up on my video list as recent, or would they show up way back in my video gallery where they were uploaded?
I don't know about the longtivity, but I've had a video I uploaded 2 weeks before it was published. It had the date of when it was uploaded, but after it got published, the published date took over and that was the new date (even on the video).

Honestly, I've seen some speed draws that take like 15+ minutes and I'm just not into that. I'd prefer if it's 5 minutes or less, but that's a personal preference from someone who doesn't often watch speed draws lol.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I think this could go many different directions... but my personal opinion is that something like this is great for 1) rainy days when you need a video or 2) posting a video at those seasonal spikes to capitalize on traffic. I don't know that this is the best approach... but having more videos isn't a terrible idea.