• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question So I posted a new video and noticed something...

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That after about 30 seconds, the video got a dislike. (on a 30-minute video). Fair enough, but I wonder if there are people whose sole purpose in life is to hit the dislike button and have satisfaction with that.

• Angry
Reactions: SimulatorMike

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
That after about 30 seconds, the video got a dislike. (on a 30-minute video). Fair enough, but I wonder if there are people whose sole purpose in life is to hit the dislike button and have satisfaction with that.

We have live streams on the TB channel, and before the stream is live we'll have 20 - 30 dislikes, some people will sadly dislike before ever seeing anything :/

Reactions: Dradus
OP
OP
Dradus

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The good thing is that it doesn't phase me. I will take note if there are a very large amount of dislikes but it won't change my focus at all :)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The good thing is that it doesn't phase me. I will take note if there are a very large amount of dislikes but it won't change my focus at all :)

As you should! The only thing we can control is the content we create, and the effort we put in on the back end of YT to get them seen :D

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I heard (maybe a rumor), that likes and dislikes don't matter, that youtube sees it just as activity/engagement on your video. Maybe someone can tell me if this is true or not...if it is, bring on the haters lol

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
As the old Facebook Movie poster said "You don't get millions of fans, without making a few enemies" and some people will just naturally not like your content. Some will sit waiting to hate watch. At the end of the day though, it's engagement.

There's also dislike bombers where people (weather maliciously intended, or just practicing because they're bored) send dislikes on mass, either to their competition, or just because they're bored and want to test out bots.

I don't really mind dislikes. It always happens, and it's engagement at the end of the day :)

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I heard (maybe a rumor), that likes and dislikes don't matter, that youtube sees it just as activity/engagement on your video. Maybe someone can tell me if this is true or not...if it is, bring on the haters lol
I heard the same thing. Any interaction is good interaction. There are trolls under every bridge. Pay them no mind.

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I agree. There will always be people like that. Just focus on your content and do your thing! ;)

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
We have live streams on the TB channel, and before the stream is live we'll have 20 - 30 dislikes, some people will sadly dislike before ever seeing anything :/
Sadly, the same seems to be true for negative comments. Some people just want to comment negatively (and many times with no relevance to the video's content) no matter what. I've learned to just ignore it.