• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Should I Change My Font?

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hi all!
Question about branding and fonts. I have been sticking to one font for all my thumbnails so far but thinking of switching to a different one. I don't think I really like my original pick anymore. Should I do it or just keep the same font?
Would this affect branding/subtle continuity on the channel?

9E9C4D4D-DCDE-4BEE-AA5A-28BD2FF349FE.jpeg

Reactions: Lone Wolf

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Changing the font will not be a dramatic change for your audience... my personal opinion is that your thumbnails need about a 10% boost on all fronts. They are not bad, but they are just short of really popping... a change in font will not make much of a difference IMO.

Personally I would suggest taking a look at the 'Elements of Design,' it's a small set of rules regarding things like picture layout, the golden rule of composition, contrasting elements... things like. These fundamental guidelines while subtle will make a much greater impact on your thumbnails than a simple font change.

Reactions: Mario So
OP
OP
Mario So

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Changing the font will not be a dramatic change for your audience... my personal opinion is that your thumbnails need about a 10% boost on all fronts. They are not bad, but they are just short of really popping... a change in font will not make much of a difference IMO.

Personally I would suggest taking a look at the 'Elements of Design,' it's a small set of rules regarding things like picture layout, the golden rule of composition, contrasting elements... things like. These fundamental guidelines while subtle will make a much greater impact on your thumbnails than a simple font change.
Thanks for the advice! Definitely need to step up my design game as well. :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I see nothing wrong with the font choice. Sans Serif Fonts always work well with thumbnails, but you could experiment more with text placement and structure and colour. Here are some example that might help you :) It sounds like layout, size, text weight, text colour and text blocking could be something to experiment more with :)
Image Preview Update.jpg

images.png
screen-shot-2014-03-14-at-2-51-10-am-2.png
business-presentation-design-template-page-layout-brochure-portfolio-book-magazine-annual-repo...jpg

OP
OP
Mario So

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Does consistency of size and font help. I have been boring and kept it simple. Does divergence help?

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like the simple font but could be slightly bigger?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Does consistency of size and font help. I have been boring and kept it simple. Does divergence help?
It is a good experiment with different styles of fonts, pictures and effects until you find what works. When you get those thumbnails with higher CTR's you are going to want to use that more often. It's all about trial and error until you find what works.

Reactions: DIMTIPS