• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Has anyone else noticed strange increase and decrease in subscribers?

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
I noticed from day to day I might gain 5-10 lose 10 the next day. Later that day gain 5, lose 3. Gain 20 lose 20. ItΓÇÖs like are people really rapidly subscribing then unsubscribing or maybe something else? Anyone else experience something similar?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I noticed from day to day I might gain 5-10 lose 10 the next day. Later that day gain 5, lose 3. Gain 20 lose 20. ItΓÇÖs like are people really rapidly subscribing then unsubscribing or maybe something else? Anyone else experience something similar?

I'm surging in growth, but I think it's due to the amount of people home now.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
yeah my views are doubled and i'm getting a LOT more new subscriber notifications. Even before I published my first video in 3 months. I'm going to try and ride this and see if I can't kick my channel back into gear.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man, I am not seeing this traffic. I haven't posted in 6 days and I am on a small hiatus for the month to ramp up for prime-time fishing season, but my numbers are not reflecting people being stuck at home. Kinda bummed about that, but oh well.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Man, I am not seeing this traffic. I haven't posted in 6 days and I am on a small hiatus for the month to ramp up for prime-time fishing season, but my numbers are not reflecting people being stuck at home. Kinda bummed about that, but oh well.
It's interesting seeing who are and aren't getting the views. Dee Nimmin mentioned his views were growing and asked if anyone else's were. I don't usually check that much, but figured I'd take a look, and lo and behold, double my view growth. But then there are others noticed a massive reduction in their views. I intially thought it was niche related, but I have a friend who does astronomy, and apparently his views are tanking, despite the fact I would have thought now would be a great time to drift off into the stars for an escape.

VenGame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I had a video that kind of blew up compared to my other videos

That was a little vague so let me explain.... when this video blew up i obviously got some subscribers

And then i continued normally and since these people only knew me from the "viral video"

they started unsubscribing because they didn't like my content as much as they thought they did

And so everyday I would lose a subscriber or two but when i live streamed i gained 2 or three and this why my subscriber keeps going up or down

Eventually though i will only have true and genuine subs which will mean i wont be losing as much

Anyway hope that helped its just my story on how i lose and gain subs all the time

MyBlocksStrongestMan

Recognized Member
I've only ever lost 1 subscriber once, and the increases for me have been very slow, and usually directly related to me promoting something on Twitter or Facebook, so nothing strange so far.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm not seeing it either. I re-uploaded a few videos in September that I know where not my most popular, but I took them down to make them better and although they now have higher views than before, my whole channel seemed to stall - subs gained, views, AVD were just meh in September compared to a booming August when I saw my biggest sub growth and my highest amount of daily views. October seems OK so far, but I definitely haven't seen any major increases.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Not one for showing off, but IΓÇÖve noticed the numbers went up quite significantly, normally I ignore them but occasionally check up on progress, so far IΓÇÖm happy with what I have, but of course I do lose subscribers, and thatΓÇÖs normal.