• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Am I Uploading to Much?

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Currently, I upload 3 different game title videos a day. Is this too much?
Looking at the analytics one of my games does 63.4% of my views, the next 36.5%, and the last game .2%
Should I just do one a day or maybe the top 2 and abandon the third?
Thoughts?
I'm thinking just the top two since the bottom has zero engagement and I optimize them all the same.
But would love the feedback!

Reactions: PhatBeetz

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
My two cents: it depends.

I personally could not maintain a two to three video upload rate per day! From a teacher's perspective, every hour of content requires at least three hours of preparation. I have lots of responsibilities outside of my fledgling YouTube channel, so I can do maybe two per week at most if things go well.

Perhaps balance between your community outreach/promotion/slash content creation? Unless you have an audience built in from another endeavor, it's going to be slow going for a while. Things like this take time to grow. It involves dedication and patience!

If you have the kind of time to pump out this kind of quantity with the quality that you're happy with, go for it!

Reactions: SimulatorMike

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi Mike!

Wow, this is certainly impressive that you can do this! and it's great that you can stay consistent.
I know in the entertainment business they say, "leave them wanting more"..that being said, perhaps, you don't want to bombard your subscribers with so many videos per day. Two is probably more than enough.

On the other hand, it is probably good for the YT algorithm to see that you are pushing a lot of content. If I were in your shoes, I would experiment a little, and try to publish two every other day, but keep publishing one every day..and see what the analytics have to say about that, just so I could compare the two outcomes.. Like with everything in life, it is important to find balance.

I hope this makes sense to you.

OP
OP
SimulatorMike

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yea I dropped down starting today to my best two, and will trickle in the other one and other games here and there as bonus content etc. See what it does and give me more free time lol ..

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've unsubscribed from channels that upload more than once a day because it gets very annoying after a while if it's obvious the channel is more interested in quantity than quality.

JackSepticEye does/used to do 2 a day, but even that I wouldn't recommend.

If you're doing 3 a day, do 1 a day, and you'll have extra time to focus on refining the skills more and can spread the content out longer AND you won't overwhelm your subscribers.

OP
OP
SimulatorMike

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've unsubscribed from channels that upload more than once a day because it gets very annoying after a while if it's obvious the channel is more interested in quantity than quality.

JackSepticEye does/used to do 2 a day, but even that I wouldn't recommend.

If you're doing 3 a day, do 1 a day, and you'll have extra time to focus on refining the skills more and can spread the content out longer AND you won't overwhelm your subscribers.

That makes sense. I have a guy I watch that does 2 or 3 a day, but I'm a different breed.
Right now I pulled back to 2 a day with my 3rd only in Wednesdays, so that series is once a week.
Figure I'll play around with uploads until find the right match.
The good thing is my uploads are different games so it's not the same thing.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
That takes a lot of effort. 2-3 videos a day..
Recording, editing, uploading..
Cut back and spend some time outside :)
Well you can't at the moment but hopefully you get me..

• Love
OP
OP
SimulatorMike

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yea I am currently play 4 games on my channel. Going to go to 2 videos staggered so games 1 and 2 on Sun Tue Thu and games 3 and 4 on Mon Wed Fri starting next week. I am also toying with the idea of going to 1 game a day once a week so those 4 games on a specific day/time each week and a longer episode like an hour instead of 30 mins. Then I will drop in 2 other games I have sitting on the back burner. So Sun-Fri 1 game a day of a specific game repeated weekly, then on Saturdays, I do a random game or a stream.
Thoughts?

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Yea I am currently play 4 games on my channel. Going to go to 2 videos staggered so games 1 and 2 on Sun Tue Thu and games 3 and 4 on Mon Wed Fri starting next week. I am also toying with the idea of going to 1 game a day once a week so those 4 games on a specific day/time each week and a longer episode like an hour instead of 30 mins. Then I will drop in 2 other games I have sitting on the back burner. So Sun-Fri 1 game a day of a specific game repeated weekly, then on Saturdays, I do a random game or a stream.
Thoughts?

Keep experimentation to one variable at a time in my opinion. If you change too much at once you won't know what worked and what didn't.

I think 1 video a day would be a good goal for you as not only will it allow you to focus more on quality but it will also overwhelm the audience less. Just make sure you give them what they want at the end of the day. If certain content doesn't perform I'd probably cut it or modify it till everything your doing performs decently well.

• Love

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I think personally that while YT like lots of content, quality matters, but it depends on what you are aiming for....I try and get 2-3 videos upa WEEK at the moment as I am working from home (damn Virus) but normally it is 1 a week max. I like to produce a well scripted video on science so it is hard to get the right images/clips etc, this take time...but at the end of the day whatever works for you!