• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review CanΓÇÖt pinpoint what I can improve on but I know thereΓÇÖs tons of room for growth please help!

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
User name: ASMRSadie
Title of thread: CanΓÇÖt pinpoint what I can improve on but I know thereΓÇÖs tons of room for growth please help!
Self review: IΓÇÖve had my channel over 5 years and IΓÇÖm sure thereΓÇÖs a lot I can improve on. I just got a canon T7i so most of my new videos should be looking better I hope. I know lighting isnΓÇÖt my strong point. I have general ideas on how I can improve but canΓÇÖt pinpoint exactly where I need to improve.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6kkHc7xRvcpp0wOeef7NVA
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25887/post-72224

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So I've been having a look at your channel simply because ASMR interests me, and on face value, you're doing it right, but I think you can be doing A LOT more to take yourself further.

I think you should try experimenting with lighting in your photos, because at the moment, while they're clear, they still only really say "lady in a room doing something" visually. I think you could really experiment with lighting to try differant styles. You could add extra colour lighting to the sides to give yourself a bit of a colour tint to add some extra spice.

For your dancing videos. I'd see if you can take some dedicated 1920x1080pixel dimention still photos of you against a white wall. You don't actually have to use the video screengrab as the thumbnail, you can take a seperate photo and upload it as a custom thumbnail. For some reason, a thumbnail of a girl in front of a door tells me slightly less effort has been put into the video than someone dancing i a space that has no door in the background, is plain so all the attention can be put on you. Also PLEASE get rid of the black bars to the sides of some of your videos. This is where a 1920x1080pixel dimention thumbnail will help a lot.

You definitely have a friendly attractive nature to you so winning there, just put more into your photography. There's a lot of photography channels out there that can help you. You don't need anything too fancy. I'm a big believer that simple interesting lighting and colour can make a big differance creatively to make an otherwise "normal" video look even more exciting.

I love the banner in terms of type and colour. I'd add a little more context. I like that it's relaxing and nature driven, but im not 100% sold on it. You can experiment quite a lot with it :)

With 7k subscribers you're doing well, but I think with presentation upgrades you could blow up even further I think. You definitely have 100k potential

Reactions: ASMRSadie

Tristian Watson

TubeBuddy Pro
Over all great content thumb nails ect.. You've amassed 7k so just by that alone I can tell you're doing something right. My first opinion is be more interactive with the subs. If I were you I'd ask if they'ed be interested in a Q&A video. I know its a super cliche youtube thing to do but it builds great relationships and a more personal feel with all audience members. Get a consistent thumbnail on youtube. Like one that if one of your subscribers saw it they'd know it instantly. I tried this method on a old gaming channel and it did wonders for familiarity. Other than that more color in the thumbnail too couldn't hurt, over all great channel nicely done content and tons of growth in the future ahead for you.

Steverd

All feedback is meant to be constructive only.

Update your ABOUT page to be more about YOU and not what ASMR is.
If they are on your page they probably already know what ASMY.
But I want to know who you are.

ALso I say it's the thumbnails. They do not say "click me" to me.
Looking at this one, I have zero idea what is going on and what I would see.
No way would I click it. Can you reframe the thumb nails and add 2-3 works to them?

1586366933007.png

I wish the best for you and your channel!
Steve

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hello Sadie. You're thumbnails lack the punch that draws someone who has never watched your videos to your channel. I'd start with using a good thumbnail for all of your existing videos and for future videos. The video quality needs improvement in terms of lighting. It's very bland as of now. Also, you need to interact with your subs via community tab like ask which thumbnail they like before posting a video to see what your audience prefers. Content wise asmr audio quality is good. Hope some of this is helpful. Also, you have more subs than me so take my advice with a bucket of salt.

OP
OP
ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
So I've been having a look at your channel simply because ASMR interests me, and on face value, you're doing it right, but I think you can be doing A LOT more to take yourself further.

I think you should try experimenting with lighting in your photos, because at the moment, while they're clear, they still only really say "lady in a room doing something" visually. I think you could really experiment with lighting to try differant styles. You could add extra colour lighting to the sides to give yourself a bit of a colour tint to add some extra spice.

For your dancing videos. I'd see if you can take some dedicated 1920x1080pixel dimention still photos of you against a white wall. You don't actually have to use the video screengrab as the thumbnail, you can take a seperate photo and upload it as a custom thumbnail. For some reason, a thumbnail of a girl in front of a door tells me slightly less effort has been put into the video than someone dancing i a space that has no door in the background, is plain so all the attention can be put on you. Also PLEASE get rid of the black bars to the sides of some of your videos. This is where a 1920x1080pixel dimention thumbnail will help a lot.

You definitely have a friendly attractive nature to you so winning there, just put more into your photography. There's a lot of photography channels out there that can help you. You don't need anything too fancy. I'm a big believer that simple interesting lighting and colour can make a big differance creatively to make an otherwise "normal" video look even more exciting.

I love the banner in terms of type and colour. I'd add a little more context. I like that it's relaxing and nature driven, but im not 100% sold on it. You can experiment quite a lot with it :)

With 7k subscribers you're doing well, but I think with presentation upgrades you could blow up even further I think. You definitely have 100k potential
Thanks for the tips and sorry for the late reply. I'm going to work a little more on lighting. Any suggestions on good starter lights? I think that you are right about filming with the door. Unfortunately my apartment is so tiny so I have limited space. But maybe I can try to find time to go to an area of a park or somewhere outdoors when its nice out and film there. I think that could add a nice touch.

I will do some more research on photography and editing and things like that. Always always down to learn and grow.

That means a lot saying I have 100k potential. Maybe with with a little work I can reach a whole new level. Thanks for taking the time to check out everything and share your thoughts. It really helps!

Over all great content thumb nails ect.. You've amassed 7k so just by that alone I can tell you're doing something right. My first opinion is be more interactive with the subs. If I were you I'd ask if they'ed be interested in a Q&A video. I know its a super cliche youtube thing to do but it builds great relationships and a more personal feel with all audience members. Get a consistent thumbnail on youtube. Like one that if one of your subscribers saw it they'd know it instantly. I tried this method on a old gaming channel and it did wonders for familiarity. Other than that more color in the thumbnail too couldn't hurt, over all great channel nicely done content and tons of growth in the future ahead for you.
Thanks for sharing your advice. It helps. I think I might just go ahead and try asking about a Q&A and other interactive content like that. Good idea! Thumbnails ah yes I really do need to work on that. Wish I could find a great app that works for my phone and computer that made good thumbnails. I'm still experimenting with that.

All feedback is meant to be constructive only.

Update your ABOUT page to be more about YOU and not what ASMR is.
If they are on your page they probably already know what ASMY.
But I want to know who you are.

ALso I say it's the thumbnails. They do not say "click me" to me.
Looking at this one, I have zero idea what is going on and what I would see.
No way would I click it. Can you reframe the thumb nails and add 2-3 works to them?

View attachment 4797

I wish the best for you and your channel!
Steve
Thanks yes I need to set aside sometime to update my about me section soon. I agree.

I know you are right thumbnails are currently my weak point and it doesn't draw you in. I'm going to have to work on that one! Thanks for spending the time helping me out.

Hello Sadie. You're thumbnails lack the punch that draws someone who has never watched your videos to your channel. I'd start with using a good thumbnail for all of your existing videos and for future videos. The video quality needs improvement in terms of lighting. It's very bland as of now. Also, you need to interact with your subs via community tab like ask which thumbnail they like before posting a video to see what your audience prefers. Content wise asmr audio quality is good. Hope some of this is helpful. Also, you have more subs than me so take my advice with a bucket of salt.
Thank you yes! I'm working on uploading a video to edit now (slowly) but I'm going to look into experimenting with thumbnail apps maybe work a little on the computer with that. I do need to do that most definitely. And I agree lighting is ok sometimes but could use improvements. I appreciate you helping me out on making everything better.

Mr Fishy McFish

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hi Sadie,

Congrats on hitting the 7k that's a good achievement so far. As somebody completely new to your channel I found the organization a little bit weird. It showed me videos of your other channel which if anything should be at the bottom? Also did you know you can move your playlists into their own sections and prioritize them above just your recent upload stream? I have figured this out for my channel and I feel it looks really professional if you do it in the right way, rather than letting YouTube dictate what to show to people :)

Otherwise I think your improvements are pretty easy, if you want help with some thumbnail stuff let me know, I am trying to improve my photoshop skills and would definitely be interested to help out!

OP
OP
ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Hi Sadie,

Congrats on hitting the 7k that's a good achievement so far. As somebody completely new to your channel I found the organization a little bit weird. It showed me videos of your other channel which if anything should be at the bottom? Also did you know you can move your playlists into their own sections and prioritize them above just your recent upload stream? I have figured this out for my channel and I feel it looks really professional if you do it in the right way, rather than letting YouTube dictate what to show to people :)

Otherwise I think your improvements are pretty easy, if you want help with some thumbnail stuff let me know, I am trying to improve my photoshop skills and would definitely be interested to help out!
Thanks I will look into that. I appreciate you taking the time to look around to see what can be fixed and providing your thoughts.