• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help 0% Processed

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have had no issues with Youtube until today, a video that normally would take maybe 15 minutes to process took 30 mins. Now I uploaded a video a few hours ago and it's still at 0% processing, I waited an hour and tried uploading again and its been at 0 for an hour. Is there a way to fix this, what's going on?

OP
OP
SimulatorMike

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ok who here works at Youtube pr has a connection there, after 2 hours I post on here go back and the video is ay 99% then boom completed.....conspiracy lol

OP
OP
SimulatorMike

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think it's just correlation haha. YT on twitter has been saying there is some issues, due to the sheer amount of people home now uploading.
Yes that's what I was thinking, with more uploads and more traffic I'm sure their server farms are getting a run for their money...its google so instead of running at 45% capacity they bumped up to 47% lol

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
YouTube is being automated as much as possible right now. You could've been held back due to the content, or simply had a bad render server.

I've had that happen before, and usually by the next day, everything is good. I currently have a 5 hour video that just got rendered to 1080p, and waiting on the 4K render.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I haven't bumped into the issue yet, but I know it does happen from time to time. Some have said the format of the video you upload can have an impact on the processing time.
my last 1080p video (29 minutes, 2.13gb) 60fps, 10,000 bitrate, took about 70ish minutes to upload via my mobile (my upload speed on my regular modum is 1mbps... ouch)
the processing was super quick. generally takes less than 5-10 mins. but I upload as .mp4 so I think it's exporting at an already optomised setting.

I wouldn't trust an online provider of any kind to process files into other formats quickly, which is why I also export to youtube friendly format before uploading and it's always super quick to process. I'm sure I'll be impacted by it at some point.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it's just correlation haha. YT on twitter has been saying there is some issues, due to the sheer amount of people home now uploading.
I think you can upload in "any" format, but YT do have a specific format that they prefer, so if you upload in a differant format, realistically it will take some time to "transcode" that file into an optomised format that YT want.

Converting a video file can take some time even on my home computer, so I imagine relying on an internet service to do it on ther end would take an exponantially longer time to convert. Which is why people should export to the "correct" format before uploading to make everything as efficient as possible.

Or I could be completely wrong :joy: