• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review BE 100% REAL - ONLY WAY I GROW

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: SimulatorMike
Title of thread: BE 100% REAL - ONLY WAY I GROW
Self review: Need to break out of my shell and talk more in videos. Maybe add facecam! Thumbnails can be tweaked. Learn better tagging and keywords using tubebuddy
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsVJVMx5WUIT7MbwJTF_F2w
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25634/

First I love the banner design! I think it looks great, but it doesn't tell me much as a viewer! When do you upload? Is it daily, weekly, monthly? Let me know a schedule so as a new viewer I can support you! If you are still figuring it out, say weekly! As it is your banner tells me what you do, and what games, but nothing about YOU and how your channel will help ME is it learning how to get better at Sims? Is it going to be funny sims moments? The more you let me know them ore we can find out!

Another thing is since you are new, some sim games may perform better than others. Look at what's doing the best!

Also you don't have a channel trailer, and I'd recommend you have one. Channel trailers don't have to be a dedicated video, it could just be a video you are most proud of!

Another thing I would do, is create playlists for each game you are playing, so a Euro Truck sim playlist, tank mechanic sim playlist, theif sim playlist, etc. So it's easy for your audience to just binge a game sim type from you!

I see you have playlists, but they're not on the home page! You can edit the homepage by clicking customize channel and change all of these things!

The about tells me more of your schedule:

"Welcome to the S is for Simulator channel! We Post Simulator content 365 days a year. We hope you love the channel! " however, most new users don't make it there, the about is more for YT to see quickly what your channel is about! Similarly to that your channel has no channel tags! Include your name, the sims you covered, and things people might look for when looking up sim games!

I hope that helps! I've seen a lot of channels and think your banner looks great, but could have more! Update your channel, make searchable playlists with good descriptions and you'll do great! :D

IF I had to give you a grade, I'd give you an C -

Thanks for letting me take a look! :D

OP
OP
SimulatorMike

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
First I love the banner design! I think it looks great, but it doesn't tell me much as a viewer! When do you upload? Is it daily, weekly, monthly? Let me know a schedule so as a new viewer I can support you! If you are still figuring it out, say weekly! As it is your banner tells me what you do, and what games, but nothing about YOU and how your channel will help ME is it learning how to get better at Sims? Is it going to be funny sims moments? The more you let me know them ore we can find out!

Another thing is since you are new, some sim games may perform better than others. Look at what's doing the best!

Also you don't have a channel trailer, and I'd recommend you have one. Channel trailers don't have to be a dedicated video, it could just be a video you are most proud of!

Another thing I would do, is create playlists for each game you are playing, so a Euro Truck sim playlist, tank mechanic sim playlist, theif sim playlist, etc. So it's easy for your audience to just binge a game sim type from you!

I see you have playlists, but they're not on the home page! You can edit the homepage by clicking customize channel and change all of these things!

The about tells me more of your schedule:

"Welcome to the S is for Simulator channel! We Post Simulator content 365 days a year. We hope you love the channel! " however, most new users don't make it there, the about is more for YT to see quickly what your channel is about! Similarly to that your channel has no channel tags! Include your name, the sims you covered, and things people might look for when looking up sim games!

I hope that helps! I've seen a lot of channels and think your banner looks great, but could have more! Update your channel, make searchable playlists with good descriptions and you'll do great! :D

IF I had to give you a grade, I'd give you an C -

Thanks for letting me take a look! :D

Helps very much, thank you for the awesome feedback and I will start implementing this advice right away. Thank you again.

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
You've got some really nice thumbnails on your channel! As Andrew suggested, organize your channel and provide a little more info. You'll definitely get attention from more viewers!

Reactions: SimulatorMike

JeremyWakeboard

I love that you are able to upload every day. That will help you tremendously with growth. You might want to rework your channel icon, the logo is too small to see on mobile devices. Maybe have just the "S" portion of your logo as your icon, just a thought. You should also look into search engine optimization (SEO). Find phrases that people are searching for and optimize your titles and descriptions for those phrases.

FirstStepMealPrep

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I absolutely love the style of your banner and thumbnails. They are unique yet consistent so viewers can definitely be able to recognize your channel when a new video is out. One recommendation might be to utilize SEO (Search engine optomization tools) within TubeBuddy and include those key words that are successful in your video titles also within your descriptions.

Other than that, keep up the awesome quality! The look of your videos and channel overall is fantastic:)

Cruising with Don

I have read many of the reviews here and there are some good ideas here. One thing you might want to try is a slight change to your thumbnails. They are very bright and show a good picture of the game. Maybe add a headshot of yourself reacting to what's happening in the thumbnail. as an example the thumbnail barn finds or customs garages. Add your face with a shocked expression for finding the car or giving a thumbs up for the garage. People are drawn to thumbnails where they think wow what's happening here? Hope this help a bit keep posting :)