• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Mobile Gear What camera apps do you use for shooting videos on your Android phone?

Niki Proshin

Known Member
I make all my videos using Huawei Mate30 Pro (which is surprisingly good for that!) and just use the native camera app. Though I'd love to know what apps other creators use. Most likely it will be better than just a native app that I keep using.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I make all my videos using Huawei Mate30 Pro (which is surprisingly good for that!) and just use the native camera app. Though I'd love to know what apps other creators use. Most likely it will be better than just a native app that I keep using.

I use adobe rush and have dabbled with Kinemaster! :D Have you checked out Dee Nimmin's YT Channel? :D

Reactions: Niki Proshin
OP
OP
Niki Proshin

Niki Proshin

Known Member
First time to hear about Adobe Rush and Dee Nimmin's channel, I will check it out tonight! Thanks for the recommendations

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have a Huawei Nova 3i. Mostly I use the stock app. The old Samsung J5 had a better camera. My issue with the Huawei is that the camera does not support a plug in mic, but their voice recorder does, so I know the hardware can (lazy programming). For front facing I use OpenCamera for the mic support. Everyone recommended Filmic, but I did not care for it. Tons of bells & whistles but OpenCamera does all the same stuff, easier, and free.

Patrick Levar has a YouTube channel all about cell phone video making. He does some gorgeous work.

Reactions: Niki Proshin

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Whew! I do my entire channel with the phone, so I have an INTENSE list of apps for you:

Video Editing: Kinemaster. Adobe Rush is good and there are some others, but Kinemaster is my fav.
Thumbnails/Channel Art: I Take a cool picture, color correct it in Snapseed and then run it through Picsart for text/overlays
Filming: I try to take advantage of all modern camera settings/features but if you don't have access to that Filmic Pro is awesome
Livestreaming: Prism Live is totally awesome, but the inability to do custom thumbnails, schedule streams and update meta-data renders it pretty useless unless you have lower-thirds, video clips etc ready to go for a livestream but for some reason are unable to schedule it in advance and don't care about thumbnail presentation. Streamlabs is a great option for overlays as it lets you pick up a scheduled stream, but honestly I have had issues with SL to the point I just use the YT App.
Analytics: Studio app is good, although it is better to access the Creator Studio using the mobile browser. Of course Tubebuddy is a powerhouse for tag research, batch comments, video performance etc. Nothing comes close.
Screen Capture: I use DU recorder if I need to capture my screen for a clip
Graphics/Animated Text: Alight Motion is SICK for this!
Music: I use FL Studio to make music and/or sound effects from time to time, though this is a whole 'nother level of work
Investment: Not YT related, but worth consideration. I use Acorns and Robinhood as a means of taking YT revenue and growing it. Helps that both offer financial compensation for pushing their product.
Podcast: I use Anchor for our podcast.

Now, Good Luck!!!